Problems downloading 8dio Products

Hi,

I wanted to try out 8dio's products and bought one small sample library. The files never downloaded in their entirety and the product is so far unusable despite several tries. The company's solution was to access my compute and download remotely which I did not feel comfortable with. Has anyone else had experience with this company? They will not speak on the phone. They did try to be helpful in their emails but the files themselves seem to be corrupt. Should I just get a refund and try another company?

Any feedback would be helpful.

Thanks.

I can understand your reason to be a little concerned if THEY need to access your computer

What I recommend asking them is if in this case you could setup an iChat conference with them and use "Screen Sharing" where you and 8dio can control it together. It's really if they make you download 3rd party access software that may raise concerns if you aren't fully aware of the software. There's a case of people getting phone calls from people claiming to be "Microsoft Support Department" and claiming they are getting error messages from your computer, have you run some terminal processes and they WILL show that some processes fail but don't affect the computer in any way. They then claim they can help you by downloading some software that will let them access your computer but it they can access your computer at anytime. An employee in my Dad's company fell for it and my Dad had to spend an entire day changing all the passwords and security of company files. This is why I recommend Screen Sharing, simply because when you cancel they chat, they no longer have access. It is however fun to mess with "Microsoft Tech Support" when you are on a Mac :D

THAT SAID, I have quite a few 8dio products and absolutely love them and while I have never had to contact support, I have contacted their sales department with a few preliminary questions and I've found them to be quite kind and helpful. I don't believe they would be ones to try and breach your computer.

As I said though, if they need to access it themselves, try setting up an iChat Screen Sharing session. I'm sure if you voice your concern on downloading 3rd party access software they will understand.

Much more nefarious people already have access to our computers. It's your choice, but on the grand scale of risky things, letting a ramdom small company that has a very good reason to access your computer actually do so is not very risky. It's a bit like asking the folks at the next table to watch your stuff while you go to the bathroom. They could possibly steal it, but you have no reason to actually think they will, so you let them.

I was pissed yesterday because I went online with my music machine to get some third party software and Apple immediately jammed me with updates. What if I don't want those updates? (I didn't!) What if they have issues? (I have heard some bad things) I couldn't get into Logic. I didn't want the Logic update. I would trust 8dio much much much more than Apple. Safari is horrible for privacy. Apple vacuums our private information and is completely opaque and dishonest about how much they are taking and how they are doing it. 8dio is llke a teddy bear by comparison. I didn't see 8dio in the Snowden documents. I did see Apple.

I didn't see 8dio in the Snowden documents. I did see Apple.

Hahaha!

I've had trouble with customer service at 8dio myself. It's too boring to detail, but, in my opinion, there are nicer companies to deal with out there.