Pro X taking extremely long time to save/copy files

timlanders

I'm using a brand new iMac, bumped up with ram, very fast drives and mixing a relatively small project - although it does have a 20 min movie in it. When I selected 'save a copy as' I didn't realize I'd set my fate for the next 70 minutes or more. I'm sitting here now for over an hour watching Logic copy my eight (yes 8) stereo files to the hard drive. I can't quit the app, I can't work with it, I can't even take my hard drive home and work on my pro tools rig while this thing keeps lumbering along. Seriously, what the heck? I'm working at a TV show and was given this Logic rig to mix on but it has been less than kind to me. Is there any way to prevent this from happening again? Is it a matter of unchecking some save options? I didn't need to copy files, I just wanted a alternative version of a mix. I have Logic at my own studio as well but I don't mix with it, I use it for writing so admittedly I'm a little inexperienced using Logic in that capacity.

Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys