Logic Not Recording Audio!

EARMONSTER

Hi,

I am in the middle of a very important session using the latest version of Logic X, and all of a sudden I can not record guitar, but only in this session!

I opened a new session in Logic X and am able to record guitar, I also opened a new session in the latest version of Logic 9 and was also able to record guitar. I open the session in question, and same thing, no guitar recording.

It is metering, and I can monitor the signal, but it's just not recording the audio (even though Logic says it is via the recording colors coming on when I click record, and the click starts up, just no file).

I transferred the session over to my friend's computer (same version of Logic X), and he also had the same exact problem!

I am going to try and import the entire session into a blank Logic X session and see if the problem persists, but I wanted to see if I was missing something.

I am using a Focusrite Saffire PRO 24 DSP, Mac OSX 10.8.5.

Normally this wouldn't be such a big issue, but, the session is really important and I am afraid of this happening in the future with something that has a due date/people waiting on it.

Thanks!

That also yields the same results. I noticed that if I hit record, attempt to record the track, and hit stop, I can see the track in the audio bin even though it does not appear or play in the arrange window along with the track.

Try turning off the count-in (the 1,2,3,4 button in the control bar)?

Can you show a screenshot during recording?

Screenshot attached at the bottom.

Here you can see that I am recording, the guitar is metering, but there is no audio file being created on the guitar track in the session. Also, I realize that my guitar out is going to a bus. I have also tried having it go straight to stereo out and the same thing happened.

Lastly, toggling the 1,2,3,4 button didn't change anything either :(

Screen_Shot_2013_09_28_at_7_11_18_PM.thumb.png.603798b48ba61430e35b8b151f133c79.png

Thanks for the ideas everybody! Sorry for the delayed response, I was actually busy working on this session getting it done, because I fixed it.

However, the way I made it work doesn't make any sense. I tried starting a new session and importing everything (really everything) from the session in question, and it didn't work. Then, after several tries, I decided to import 10 tracks at a time until I had the whole session in a new project, and everything worked.

I got no error messages during this process, just nothing being recorded until it all of a sudden worked with that random 10 tracks idea. It's a bug of some kind I think, but I have no idea what...

• 5 months later...
I found that I had the same problem but then discovered that my autopunch red bar was somehow lit way out at the end of the project timeline. This would mean that the you could only record under the red block line and every other time location in the project would not track anything when in record mode. Hope this helps!

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
I have this issue. the solution posted by matt0223 was exactly what I needed to know. However, I cannot seem to show the auto punch control on the control bar. I am stuck with a red band that I need to manipulate before it will let me record. Sure enough, as matt0223 said, my red band was way off past the end of my project. This should be simple for my next step, but how do I turn off autopunch?

• 8 months later...

Sup guys,

Here's what worked for me: I pressed the Command key then clicked on the meter bar which drops down and opens another bar on top (auto-punch section). I dragged the red bar up to about 4 bars and then hit record.

I saw that it finally was recording so I stopped, pressed the Command key and clicked on the red bar to toggle Auto-Punch off and then tried recording normally again and voila! Worked like a charm.

Maybe that's just a way of punching the session of the glitch.

Hope this helps!

Purcell.