Logic Pro book by David Nahmani (Apple Pro Training Series)

David Nahmani

Hi David,

I just bought your Book and the CODE would not work on the PEACHPIT site. for the digital features.It said the code was already in use???

It is a new book for Barnes and Noble. I contacted Peach Pit and have not gotten a reply, I was looking into texts for some of my classes I teach. Have you heard of this problem before?

Thanks for any help,

Dave Howard

Hi David,

I just bought your Book and the CODE would not work on the PEACHPIT site. for the digital features.It said the code was already in use???

It is a new book for Barnes and Noble. I contacted Peach Pit and have not gotten a reply, I was looking into texts for some of my classes I teach. Have you heard of this problem before?

Thanks for any help,

Dave Howard

Hi Dave, sorry to hear about your issue. Please contact me using the following link: http://www.logicprohelp.com/contact and I will take care of it.

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately I don't control or have any idea how the pricing is calculated. I just ... write the book! And get paid. You may want to contact my publisher regarding those questions: http://www.peachpit.com/ . I myself don't use electronic books of any kind so I'm not really versed in their differences, compatibility, or prices. Sorry!

PS: One thing I've noticed is that when I order the paper book from Amazon (for my students, when I teach classes), it comes with a free eBook version. eBook, iBook, ... honestly I don't even know what the difference is. :shock:

• 4 weeks later...

Hey David,

That's unfortunate to hear but I believe it.

I would go with a 3rd party alternative however being as how i'm a very heavy Sylenth1 user, and that i've heard that 3rd party workarounds have been very problematic for a lot of people, it's been discouraging. I also still use Komplete Ultimate 8 and the Waves 7 plug-ins and a ton of others.

would go with a 3rd party alternative however being as how i'm a very heavy Sylenth1 user, and that i've heard that 3rd party workarounds have been very problematic for a lot of people, it's been discouraging.

32 Lives by Sound Radix is a solid product and its worked flawlessly with the 32bit plug-ins I have (I only have the Sylenth1 demo, though). I don't remember hearing from anyone having problems with it.

I also still use Komplete Ultimate 8

All plug-ins that came in Komplete 8 have been available in 64bit for years, if you ever updated them via Service Center, then you already have them in 64bit.

J.

Hello David. I am completely new to Logic Pro, and have just bought a Christmas present of a MacBook Pro with Logic Pro X. I have also downloaded your book from Kindle and am reading it now to whet my appetite!

I noticed your book says "make sure the Legacy and Compatibility content is not selected". I just wondered why?

Would I be missing any instruments or features by not loading these, or have they all been re-created in LPX and these legacy ones are just for users of ver.9? I have looked through this forum and other sites, and can see that people have had problems downloading these legacy files. I don't want to give myself problems before even starting, but just wondered if you could clue me in please? Thanks

I noticed your book says "make sure the Legacy and Compatibility content is not selected". I just wondered why?

Very good question. The only reason I said that is so that what you see on your screen corresponds to what I show on the pictures in my book. If you don't mind having more settings in your Library, and more loops in your Loop browser than what you see on the screenshots in my book, then you can go ahead and download the Legacy content.

Would I be missing any instruments or features by not loading these

Nope, it's just that maybe at some point in my book you'll see me for example doing a search in the Loop browser and grabbing the 4th loop in the results while on your machine it will be the 178th loop. So it could potentially confuse you a bit... shouldn't be a big deal though.

it's just that maybe at some point in my book you'll see me for example doing a search in the Loop browser and grabbing the 4th loop in the results while on your machine it will be the 178th loop. So it could potentially confuse you a bit... shouldn't be a big deal though.

Okay, understood. Many thanks, David, much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi David and congratulations on the book. It truly is a great resource and reference.

I apologize in advance if this question has been answered before and I am repeating it. I did a quick search in the forum engine and did not find what i was looking for.

I am currently working through it and I am experiencing some difficulties with smart controls mapping (chapter 5: pages 215-221).

It seems when mapping smart controls to a track stack, it's not possible to map the Nightlife Lead synth cutoff frequency to the smart controls of the summing track or for the individual Nightlife Lead tracks smart controls. I believe you are not supposed to be able to map smart controls to a sub track of a summing track, but it was a part of my troubleshooting process. Am I right about that one?

I am not having any difficulties mapping the parameters of the Ringshifter plugin or the parameters of the 70s Analog Leads Tape Delay to the smart controls of the summing track. It is possible to map parameters of the 70 Analog Lead plugin "Retro Synth" to the summing tracks smart controls but not the Nightlife "ES2"

Is this a known bug in the ES2 synth engine?

NOTE: I have not tried mapping the parameters to an external MIDI device, so I can not say if it is an issue with MIDI mapping.

Several of the participants at the Logic Pro course I am attending is experiencing the same issue. We are all running the v10.0.7 but with different models MacBook Pro.

The specs of my system:

Logic Pro X v10.0.7

MacBook Pro (mid 2009)

OS X 10.9.5

CPU: 2,53 GHz Intel Core i5

RAM: 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M 256 MB

DISK: Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500GB

• 2 weeks later...
I'm sorry to hear that. Can you tell me the exact page and step number where you find yourself unable to reproduce the results described in the book? And what results you're getting (if any) instead? Thanks!

Sure thing David. Page 219, step number 7. I am experiencing problems with the ES2 filter knob and some of the other ES2 parameters. No problem with the Ringshifter and delay.

Sure thing David. Page 219, step number 7. I am experiencing problems with the ES2 filter knob and some of the other ES2 parameters. No problem with the Ringshifter and delay.

Start the exercise again and make sure you don't change the track selection. The mapping won't work if the wrong track is selected. Let me know if that helps?

Start the exercise again and make sure you don't change the track selection. The mapping won't work if the wrong track is selected. Let me know if that helps?

I tried this just now, with the main (summing) track selected as the book tells me. None of the summing track smart control knobs will learn when I move the ES2 filter parameter. The same smart control panel knobs respond and learns when i move the Ringshifter freq parameter and the delay feedback parameter, still with the main summing track selected in the Tracks area. If I select the Nightlife Lead track in the Tracks area a different smart control panel appears. None of the knobs in the Nightlife Lead smart control panel will learn to control the ES2 filter parameter, but the knob already assigned to the ES2 filter parameter works as it should. Deleting the working parameter mapping in the Nightlife lead smart control panel has no impact on the problem.

I tried this just now, with the main (summing) track selected as the book tells me. None of the summing track smart control knobs will learn when I move the ES2 filter parameter. The same smart control panel knobs respond and learns when i move the Ringshifter freq parameter and the delay feedback parameter, still with the main summing track selected in the Tracks area. If I select the Nightlife Lead track in the Tracks area a different smart control panel appears. None of the knobs in the Nightlife Lead smart control panel will learn to control the ES2 filter parameter, but the knob already assigned to the ES2 filter parameter works as it should. Deleting the working parameter mapping in the Nightlife lead smart control panel has no impact on the problem.

Hi BBlomvik, I gave it a try and you're right. In fact I cannot assign a single ES2 parameter to Smart Controls in Editor View, even with a new empty project, a single software instrument track and an ES2 assigned as the instrument. :shock: I started a new thread on this topic: Can't assign Smart Controls to ES2 in Editor view?

Workaround: Switch to Controls view, scroll down to "LPF Cutoff" and drag that slider left/right.

LPF.png.d266f0e3464509467b0d4f7345fa2347.png

• 3 weeks later...

Hi David ,

New member here, hello everyone !

I am based in South Africa ,originally from Yugoslavia, Europe.

From some , probably very odd reason, Amazon doesn't ship your book to South Africa ???!!!

I already have your Logic 8 book, which helped me a lot.

Could you please help me in a way to order your new Logic Pro X book ?

PayPal may be preferred way of paying .

Many thanks ,

Zoran

(3OPAH=Zoran on Cyrillic :-) )