Audio Interface vanishing...

finniscool

I just downloaded Logic Pro X onto my MacBook Pro and am trying to use my Lexicon I-Onix u42s interface.

Weirdly when I went Logic > Preferences > Audio > Output/ Input device it already said Lexicon I-Onix u42s, but then when I clicked on it it disappeared and now only has Built-In or System Setting.

I went to About This Mac > System Report and under Audio the Lexicon isn't there, but under USB it is. The Lexicon knows it's connected via USB... so why won't Logic recognise it!?

I've restarted Logic (with and without the Lexicon on), I've restarted my laptop (with and without the Lexicon on), I've tried different USB ports and another working cable (the cable works with other devices)...

Does any one have any suggestions? I'm willing to try voodoo at this point.

Finn

Sorry - my mistake (I'm frantically trying to reach a mixing deadline and foolishly thought getting the newest Logic was a good idea in the middle of the project). I hope that's all the information you need?

I went to the Lexicon site and downloaded this driver: http://www.lexiconpro.com/en/softwares/lexicon-i-onix-driver-v208-mac-os-x and then installed it onto my Mac, the driver is on the desktop, but when I tried to open the .mpkg I got a warning message that it "cannot be opened because it's from an unidentified developer".

• 2 months later...

Just to let you know, I've installed the latest drivers 3.00b14 (which is for the new I-O 42 Lexicon Audio Interface) and my I-ONYX 42S

worked perfect with my macbook pro running OSX Mavericks 10.9.2. I haven't tried it with Logic yet but the thing is that it works.

MacBook Pro 2.26 Core 2 Duo, 2GB 1067 Mhz DDR3, OSX Mavericks 10.9.2