Midi CC#7, 10; passthrough?

Naenyn

I've got a plugin (Xfer's Nerve) that responds to, among other things, midi CC#7 and CC#10. However, when I configure my controller (a QuNeo) to send these CC values, Logic interprets them as volume and pan changes instead of forwarding the midi along to the plugin. Is it possible to configure Logic not to respond to these CC's unless specifically "learned" and to pass them along to the plugin like it does with other, non-standard GM CC's?

Thanks!

-n

No, you cannot instruct Logics' channel strip to "pass 'm on", unfortunately, but what you could try is to Learn "away" CC's 7 and 10 in the Controller Assignments window and assign them to the parameters they are supposed to control in the plugin - IF those parameters are available as automatable.

Simpler and much better would be if you could freely remap those CC numbers in the plugin itself.

Hmm. The only params in Nerve that I seem to be able to use Logic's midi learn with are swing and master volume. The params I was going for, pad volume and pad pan, don't seem to be learn-able. They are automateable, though. I'm just not seeing how I can assign a control to them and not have Logic hijack the signal.

I did notice that when I used Logic's learn to assign a control to Nerve's swing, I could assign a control that sent CC#7 and it would control Nerve's swing instead of Logic's track volume.

Not sure where to go from here.. if I should ask for an enhancement to Nerve.. or what. Thoughts?

Is it possible to configure Logic not to respond to these CC's unless specifically "learned" and to pass them along to the plugin like it does with other, non-standard GM CC's?

Check out the Logic X Toolkit PRO made by Audio Grocery. It offers a solution called the "CC DUO" setup. You will be able to configure CC#7 and CC#10 to respond however which way you want it to, and it works with all Instruments which are programed to these Controller numbers.

Watch Part 2 - VIDEO 2 (time: 6:26) in the Audiogrocery web site:

http://www.audiogrocery.com/a.g_toolkit_pro.htm

Check out the Logic X Toolkit PRO made by Audio Grocery.

Wow, those videos broke my brain. There is a lot going on in there that I just don't understand. That seems like a very powerful toolkit, though!

I will definitely consider it as an option. Thanks!

Check out the Logic X Toolkit PRO made by Audio Grocery.

Wow, those videos broke my brain. There is a lot going on in there that I just don't understand. That seems like a very powerful toolkit, though!

I will definitely consider it as an option. Thanks!

Sure thing! Yes, the Toolkit is extremely powerful and gives you tons of options. I have already saved a few custom key switching presets and this speeds things up even further. Again, key switching is only one of the things the Toolkit does and I can guarantee that you will be able to get it to fit into your needs. I have been informed that an update is coming out soon which will add switching via Program Changes (PCs) to the mix as yet another option. Apparently there are many VSL users that have asked for this functionality.