Editors won't change to current track

gwales

I'm new - sorry if this was posted twice. I couldn't find my first post. I don't know how to see my history.

I sometimes duplicate a track, to save me looking the same instrument, or recreating effects , etc. I am finding that the track in the editor will not change, when I select a different track. I even deleted a track and it's still showing in the editor. I've tried closing and restarting Logic, with no luck. I have searched, but nobody seems to have the same problem.

I am not sure that it's caused by my duplicating tracks, but that seems, umm, logic -al :roll:

Any advice, apart from reinstalling?

If this is the problem…. try activating the Link Button in the top of the edit window.

It looks like two links of a chain.

Thanks - that looks like it. I'm not an expert with Logic, having graduated from GarageBand a few months ago. More power and flexibility = more confusion, I guess.

Cheers.

Now, about channel strips... :mrgreen:

Ok, now I have a specific empty track showing all the time, even after turning off links altogether.

I'm assuming I need a host for a screenshot?

http://i57.tinypic.com/o8x9no.png

Sorry, I could resize this better, but the last one cut off all the right hand side of my image, so I re-centred it.

Ok, now I have a specific empty track showing all the time, even after turning off links altogether.

You actually want to turn the Link button ON if you want the editor to update to show you the regions you select (the Piano Roll doesn't care which track you select, it will show you the content of the region(s) you select).

OK. I did that. Should Is set it to Same level or Content? I want the simplest possible option (think GarageBand).

Now I created a drum track, so I can add some percussion, but for some reason I am getting the vocal part in the vocal track above it getting over-recorded (I tried moving it below the other drum track - no difference there).

http://i62.tinypic.com/npjihg.png

OK. I did that. Should Is set it to Same level or Content? I want the simplest possible option (think GarageBand).

There are no options, just click the link button so it's yellow.

Now I created a drum track, so I can add some percussion, but for some reason I am getting the vocal part in the vocal track above it getting over-recorded (I tried moving it below the other drum track - no difference there).

Make sure the audio track is not record-enabled?