Score Editor problem [SOLVED]

Jay Denson

Hi

I have a score editor problem. My viola parts show on 2 staves - treble and bass. I can drag and drop the alto clef on the score but it still shows as 2 staves which are split as before albeit transposed to alto clef. How can I get this to become a part on one stave only?

TIA Jay

As CCT said, change the staff style. Some tips...

1. Changes to the staff style are made in the score editor. Suggest "viola" to make quick work of it.

2. When you're viewing a region in the score editor, and you change the staff style, only that region's display will be affected. So if you have several individual viola regions you'll need to change the style in one individually.

3. The following is applicable for any future recordings where you want to ensure that a part appears on the correct staff style: for each software instrument channel, look in the track inspector. You'll see a Style parameter, with the default setting of "auto". Change that parameter to the desired style for each instrument. From that point forward, anything you record for that instrument will appear with the "staff formatting" you selected.

HTH!