How to resize the begining of an audio region

roblogic

Hi guys,

I am sure this must be an easy question but I can not get the solution. So I´d be grateful if somebody can help.

I just want my audio files that don't start at exact beat points to resize the beginning to snap them to the nearest beat. So the audio files gets larger by moving its beginning to the left (adding silence) without changing the position of the audio content.

you cannot make an audio file "longer" That's how I do my session prep and starting points:

1 create a short empty midi "block" on any software instrument

2 drag this midi block to your audio track (where you want it to start) (f.ex. at the beginning of the chorus)

3 copy the midi block to each tracks you want to align

4 bounce them in place and you have everything "locking nice"

Instead of a midi block you can also use an empty snipped of audio file

1 create a short empty midi "block" on any software instrument

2 drag this midi block to your audio track (where you want it to start) (f.ex. at the beginning of the chorus)

3 copy the midi block to each tracks you want to align

This is unnecessary if you choose File > Bounce > Track in Place.

@roblogic what is the ultimate goal of this operation? If it's to make your editing life easier, know that you can snap to relative position in Logic. So that in most cases it's easy to copy/move a region that start for example at 5 1 2 78 to for example 6 1 2 78. You can find the snap options in the Snap pop-up menu in the Tracks area menu bar.

Hi - thanks for your reply.

The reason of doing this is an attempt to avoid being affected by the LPX bug that in certain cases does not snap to grid correctly and even sometimes moves an audio region by the mere fact of selecting it normally when "alignment guides" is selected.

After recording audio I tried to do a search silence and delete the "silent" passages between takes so that to clean the tracks. So I was getting many audio files that did not start at X 1 1 1 positions and was quite risky to move them, (because of the bug) that´s why I want the audio files to be snapped to "easy" positions.

Bouncing the audio file + the midi file works good but creates a new track. After a lot of reading for me the best workaround I found is to "Pack folder" the audio file. So you get a long folder containing all audio regions and it can be cut, move etc easily.

Hi David

When alignment guides are unselected I find the behavior correct, but the problem is that they get back on arbitrarily (probably this is a bug) and all the problems appear. So that's why I want the audio files to be at X 1 1 1 so that the problem gets under control, until Apple provides a fix...