Merge audio regions which are fragments from an audio file

roblogic

Hi

I am having an issue which may be a bug when merging audio regions.

If I have a long audio file and apply search silence and get different audio files. If I then "glue" them together LPX has to create a new audio file. The big surprise is that this new audio file includes the passages I had removed with "search silence"...

I would like the new audio file, resulting of all fragments had silence between this fragments instead of the original audio data I had removed with the search silence... Is that a bug or I am missing something?? :?:

If I understand you right, it may be that you need to move a part of the file, or add something that is not part of the original file to what you are merging. If logic sees you try and merge a file that hasn't been changed in these ways, it just sort of merges the regions without making a new file.

Ex;

Here's the file:

"Merge this file"

If I change it to

"Merge ( ) file" I might just get the same file if the length is still the sam

But if I change it to;

"Merge file ok?" I'll get a new one because I've added something not in the original file… then I would cut out what I don't want…

Maybe this makes sense and maybe it'll solve your problem.

danrad

Dan's right: you need to "force" Logic to create a new audio file by making it impossible for Logic to use the original file. I usually just select a piece of audio with the marquee and option-drag it beyond the boundaries of the file I ultimately want. For example if I want to join regions starting at 1 1 1 1 and ending at 5 1 1 1 then I'll option-drag that piece of audio to 5 2 1 1. I then merge all the regions including the new piece of audio, and that forces Logic to create a new audio file, without any of the 'silence' you've removed. You can then resize the resulting region so it ends at 5 1 1 1, eliminating that extra piece of audio that you previously copied to 5 2 1 1.