Visual arrangement & piano roll Scissors bug

Darude

Cutting something in the Arrangement the Scissors point to the correct spot there and I can even see the correct position in numbers, but the song position pointer in Piano Roll is off by some 8th or something, depends on the track, but I don't see exact consistency in the inconsistency here, either. It does cut at the right spot, so that's good, but I often have the arrangement zoomed out and I visually confirm the correct spot to cut in the piano roll, so this is irritating!

1077797081_Photo24.4.201419_24_15.thumb.png.0356a82f447c9f3d2ae3fccd3c3bc6db.png

That's due to the scrubbing behavior of the scissors: when you click-hold the scissors, they'll start scrubbing the section around the scissors. So in the Piano Roll you'll see the position of the playhead which indicates what you're hearing: if you click hold at 37 1 1 1 then Logic will start playback at 37 1 1 1, play a couple of beats and stop playback. The playhead in the Piano Roll stays where playback stopped, so approximately a couple of beats after 37 1 1 1. When you release the mouse button, the region in the workspace is cut where the scissors are (not the playhead), and the playhead resumes its previous position (which could be the same as the position where you clicked with the scissors, or could be a completely different position in your arrangement).

While click-holding the scissors, you can use the playhead position display (ironically) in the LCD display to read the position of the scissors (and not the position of the playhead).

Not at my computer now, but I swear it wasn't like this before, in LP9 I guess, because I've used "my" technique before with no problems or irritations. I appreciate your explanation (once again), but I don't get the reasoning. Gotta try it again tomorrow thinking of what you wrote. Thanks!