Logic Pro X 2 Problems plugins and instruments missing

rundaddy

Hello, I've finally received Logic X and spent a lot of time downloading all the libraries and instruments to my 2nd internal SSD drive for a while everything was working well but I was never able to find all the instruments that I downloaded anywhere...I have like 200 instruments and Im thinking thats a really low number when I downloaded 23GB

also, sometimes Logic tells me that certain plugins (included nothing aftermarket) can't be found....

Thanks Don

Hi Don, any missing content can be downloaded from Logic Pro X > Download Additional Content. There are so many different ways to access "sounds" in Logic that it's hard to know what you mean by 200 instruments. Could you tell us where you're looking? If it's in the Library, where is the blue triangle pointing on the left channel strip in the inspector?

also, sometimes Logic tells me that certain plugins (included nothing aftermarket) can't be found....

Logic's "plug-ins" are really not plug-ins under the hood: their code is part of the Logic.app code and they cannot be separated from each other. Can you tell us the exact text in the alert, or better yet take a screenshot of the alert you're getting and attach it to this thread? Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, I have had a difficult time...my SSD filled up causing me to change the layout, find out how to use aliases and other work arounds, all is good EXCEPT my original problem...I have this idea that I should have thousands of library instruments accessible through the library pane (screen shot included)...

You will see that there's no esx24 or other types of instruments...just the very basic ones

Perhaps I am mistaken in that all the instruments should be listed there BUT I have downloaded 23 GB of additional content and I cant access it.

This has been troubling me since May, so any help is appreciated.

It would be nice to have the full resources of Logic for composing

Thanks, Don

1128502824_ScreenShot2014-08-27at8_34_05PM.thumb.png.ac72b1b80c47000d59816ae46d086936.png

On your screenshot, your library shows categories of patches. Click a category to see individual patches. Patches may make use of any instrument and effect plug-ins, so they may or may not use the EXS24 along with an EXS24 instrument.

To see your EXS24 instruments in the library, insert an EXS24 plug-in in the instrument slot of a software instrument channel strip, and make sure the blue triangle points to the EXS24 plug-in.

Thanks David...does it seem like I have the correct amount of iinstruments showing?

You have the correct amount of categories of patches showing. You have zero instruments showing.

WHere the heck did 23 Gb of download go and how do I include that in my library? Is it there? Is there any way to see it

That's what the library is showing you. Choose a category, then you choose a patch, that loads plug-ins, and some of those plug-ins load samples into RAM. All of those are part of the 23 Gb you downloaded.

"To see your EXS24 instruments in the library, insert an EXS24 plug-in in the instrument slot of a software instrument channel strip, and make sure the blue triangle points to the EXS24 plug-in."

I was able to see instruments (and the ESX24) listed in earlier versions of logic under instruments, maybe that is why I am confused...I dod not understand where to put the EXS24 plugin....in the track? in the mixes, under the information strip? Can I do this with a blank track? Thanks

Don

Hi,

So I plugged in the EXS24...and this is my concern...in the screenshot you will see that I only have 1 acoustic piano choice...I may be stubborn but I just can't believe that is correct. I think Logic is missing something...in the past, before upgrading to X I saw many instruments under acoustic...Yamaha, Punchy etc...NONE of those show up anywhere anymore

How do I get Logic to find ALL its instruments

Thanks,

Don

1408522984_ScreenShot2014-09-01at4_19_08PM.thumb.png.2ad99961e3078319edd3b6a5efcf381d.png

Here's the screenshot of my instruments....I have an SSD drive and when Logic records to the same drive you get errors every time about he disk being too slow....I had tried moving Logic to an external HD (another SSD) but that seemed to make Logic act funny...

I put everything back and more instruments show up....but I know it's still not right....for example, I will see Tambourine 1,3,4,7 for example and the others are missing....

Finally, I got it to work, record, (not all instruments but enough) but when I record a software instruments I can't get Logic to record "takes" it rerecords rather than giving me the opportunity to select the best track or even combine them- I think this is a mistake I am making...any idea how to fix this?

Thanks,

Don

577767750_ScreenShot2014-09-02at7_27_13PM.png.203c7a09a99ceb739b4cd18cf28b175b.png

I put everything back and more instruments show up....but I know it's still not right....for example, I will see Tambourine 1,3,4,7 for example and the others are missing....

Take one specific example, tell us what plug-in you're using, where the blue library triangle is pointing, and what is the path to the instruments you've found, so that we can compare?

I see a lot of "Incompletes" as download status, like the 11 GB legacy content, and some Jam Packs. Of the 23 GB you say you've downloaded, about 16 GB is Drum Kit Designer samples. Also, the full LP X download is over 45 GB, so with 23 it seems you only got half.

Also, I wonder: have you moved any of the content?

Thanks for your help...I was able to create the takes folders that's been helpful. I rechecked the downloaded content and more is there but not yet compete in the library..and I have to continue to search to see where Apple put it's loops....

I have an annoying issue that I can't find an answer for- when I record I stop my recording at the end of the song + a bar...However, when I play it back sometime LPX will continue to move the playhead when there is no recording just playing dead air- this caused me problems when bouncing until I trimmed it using the counters, but is there some setting that I can adjust to stop this ?

THanks,

Don