Upgrade Level 1 certification from 9 to X

yeager

Hello

What is the upgrade path from Logic Pro 9 Level 1 certification, to the new LOGIC X Level 1 certification?

8 to 9 was on line, I received an e mail and link info to take it

I think it was free

Anyone have experience with this new version?

Thank you

• 2 months later...

Hi

Yep, gotta take the course again.

Nope: you will just need to go to an Apple Authorized Training Center and take the LPX 101 exam. You may need to book the exam in advance.

You do NOT need to re-sit the full course, though you might find it helpful. You would need to a) read the book, and b) read the most recent update notes on Peachpit's website..

CCT

I'm not sure there was an upgrade path to recertify from Logic 9 to Logic X. Typically Apple allows recertification paths when the upgrade is not too different from the previous version - which was definitely the case from Logic 8 to Logic 9. To get the definitive answer from the horse's mouth, ask your Apple certification contact. If you don't know their email, contact me privately (click the Contact button below this post) and I'll share it with you.

Otherwise, you can contact any AATC such as ours in Los Angeles and ask them to certify for Logic X, no need to attend the class, as has been said here.