10.0.7 CC7/CC10 Feature Application [SOLVED]

ginomartino

Hi All,

I've seen many people make a fuss of a new Logic Pro X 10.0.7 feature:

Feature Item:

A new MIDI Project Setting allows MIDI CC 7 (volume) and MIDI CC 10 (pan) messages to control the instrument plug-in instead of the channel strip.

Can someone please explain to me why this is important and how it can be applied. I'm trying to find practical examples

of how this can be used. Please assist. I want to make full use of Logic, and this is bugging me.

Thanks.

Hi,

When the setting is checked, incoming CC7 and 10 messages will reach and control the channel strip Volume fader and Pan/Balance knob, respectively. If it's unchecked, the fader and pan knob will ignore them..

Couple examples of how this is useful:

-You don't want incoming MIDI messages to mess with your mix.

-You have an instrument that uses those CC's to control some of its parameters, but without this setting they won't reach the instrument since the fader and pan knob will hijack them.

J.

Hi,

When the setting is checked, incoming CC7 and 10 messages will reach and control the channel strip Volume fader and Pan/Balance knob, respectively. If it's unchecked, the fader and pan knob will ignore them..

Couple examples of how this is useful:

-You don't want incoming MIDI messages to mess with your mix.

-You have an instrument that uses those CC's to control some of its parameters, but without this setting they won't reach the instrument since the fader and pan knob will hijack them.

J.

Reminds me of when my old midi controller started to break down and shot out random midi data (my mix looked like a wreck had to unplug it in the end)

This function would be great for protecting against the same kind of mischief in future :lol: