changing tempo and keeping audio the same

edurbrow

I recorded an audio track to a click but broke away from the tempo at the end to slow down. I then made a midi part. I figured I could just change the tempo to get it to match what the audio does, but the audio slows down too. How can I keep the audio as it was recorded and program in a tempo to match it at the end?

TIA

Thank you.

I couldn't find the follow tempo button, but turning off flex did the trick. The audio appeared to move and line up to the beats as I adjusted tempo.

So, just out of curiosity, once a tempo map is created, can I then turn flex back on and tweak spots?

On a related note, if I have a project with lots of audio and midi regions throughout various tracks, how can I change the tempo and get everything to keep the same relative position? In this case would I turn on flex for all audio regions? Would the audio compress or expand?

I just now tried to test this out, but I cannot figure out how to select all the tempo events and move them in the Golbal tracks > tempo. I can select them all by clicking on the edge of the header but when I try to grab one so I can drag it up or down, it deselects the other tempo events.

TIA

1659679652_ScreenShot2014-07-22at10_21_55AM.thumb.png.43cc257f7ec39378948b61190aed51d3.png

I figured it out. You have to click on the line that connects the tempo changes and not the points. So I selected all, moved them all up and audio seems to play back right in sync. It must time shrink/stretch the audio automatically. Very cool. Doing this with alternatives is much better than varispeed which taxes my processor severely.

Now I don't understand what you mean about exporting the new tempo to the audio files first. This was in regard to my original question about creating a tempo map. So now that I have a tempo map and the midi files match the audio (with flex turned off), how do I do that? I searched in the manual and couldn't find it.

TIA