Channel Strip - strange behavior with Library settings

rivulator

Hi all, when I chose a setting from the Library to apply settings to my track, say Voice>Vintage Vocal, it creates a track with a arrow dropdown button, which when clicked reveals three tracks beneath: Vintage Vocal, Plate Send, Spring Reverb.

Can someone please point me to where I can learn more about this. What is this feature?

The problem I'm experiencing is that I can't turn off Record for these tracks. I click to disable record but it stays on. And then when I start recording on another track, the record arm turns back on and I start recording over my track. The solution I've come up with is I drag just the top track of the Track stack and then it behaves as I'd expect.

Can anyone advise what I'm doing wrong. Thank you kindly.

it's a track stack. all 3 of those things in the drop down are being summed to that main "vintage vocal" track with the arrow. so you have the main track which is then sending signal to the plate and spring reverbs. those are all then routed out the main "bus" named vintage vocal. the reason you're not hearing a difference when you pan left or right from the track is because it's output is being routed to a mono track. so you're panning is being summed to mono. but if you pan the main output of the track stack then you'll hear the pan. make sense?