Error while trying to synchronise Audio and Midi

tobiascarter

Hi again!

I seem to be having problems with my Mac (27" 3.4Ghz) running Mavericks 10.9.2 Logic x and M-audio 610 setup. Its a basic setup and never had theses problems on my old mac that ran Snow leopard/ Logic 9 and the same m-audio 610 unit.

My Logic x seems to have trouble recognising my profore 610. Upon a fresh restart of everything, and Logic x opened, commencing play on the previous session does not output any sound. After 5 or 6 seconds Logic produces this message:

"Error while trying to synchronise Audio and Midi. Sample rate 34694 recognised. check conflict between logic pro x and external device"

There is signal being played as the playhead travels. Its not until i open up the Profire interface software that it seems to force the output connection and sound can then be heard. However, this does not always force the output. another restart of the whole system usually puts it right. Re-opening logic x alone does not always work either.

Another scenario is If i leave the opened session (walked away) and the computer has gone into sleep, it will adopt the above problems after being woken. signal plays, but same error message produced but with different sample rate number.

The other error message i get randomly whilst trying to resolve this issue is a "system overload (-10011)", but not as regularly

I never had these problems on the old setup, but that was a completely different machine/ OSX and Logic 9. I can't establish if this is a mavericks, Logic x, or Profire issue.

Has anyone else encountered these problems. Any advice would be awesome!

Hi,

There's no Mavericks driver for your Profire 610.

Another scenario is If i leave the opened session (walked away) and the computer has gone into sleep, it will adopt the above problems after being woken.

You should disable sleep.

I never had these problems on the old setup, but that was a completely different machine/ OSX and Logic 9. I can't establish if this is a mavericks, Logic x, or Profire issue.

It's the lack of a proper Mavericks driver for your Profire 610:

http://community.m-audio.com/m-audio/topics/profire_610_maverick_drivers_os_10_9

Switch to the computer's built-in audio in Logic's preferences and you should see the problem stop.

J.