Audio regions are moving within a multi-tempo session. Help.

steveyraff

Hey guys,

I am running Logic Pro 9.

I am doing a session that was mapped out with tempo changes. This was for tracking live drums to the metronome.

So, now I have all my drums tracked at the correct tempos. However, when I re-opened the sessions to add bass tracks, some of the audio regions had moved around. It had warped some audio where it nudged it into the wrong tempo'd area too.

Is there anyway, now that I have all my drum tracks down, I can lock the audio regions down so that they will not shift, and if they do shift they will not be warped when they drift into different tempo'd areas?? I only needed it tempo mapped for tracking the live drums to the metronome.

I hope this makes sense - its hard to explain but the sessions with all different tempos seems to be wreaking havoc now that I am starting to layer other parts down over the drums. I need everything to be locked down into place that I've recorded so far.

Cheers,

Stevey.

It's hard to understand exactly what it is you are experiencing.

Re-opening a session should not result in regions shifting or "warping" unless you have done something to the original files outside of Logic.

You can always SMPTE-lock regions if you want to protect their absolute position.

Make sure that flex is disabled for your original drum tracks too if you feel that they are altered.