Midi Quantizing not working

paul_young1984

Hi,

I'm running a sample library (east West Symphony Orchestra) in Logic Pro X. I've imported midi and the timing seems to go out a lot. This is strange as it shouldn't, due it was quantized when I imported it from Sibelius. I have tried quantizing it using the usual methods, and when I close the program and reopen it, it goes out of time again. I have tied the fancy way of resetting midi via the midi transform window, but to no avail.

Any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong?

Hi,

I'm running a sample library (east West Symphony Orchestra) in Logic Pro X. I've imported midi and the timing seems to go out a lot. This is strange as it shouldn't, due it was quantized when I imported it from Sibelius.

Providing your system's specs (in your signature), as stipulated in Board rule #5 could help us help you. Maybe your Logic version is not up to date. Maybe your system could not handle the workload you are submitting. Maybe some Logic (audio) or EWQL plugin settings are not proper. Your provided information regarding Sibelius quantization are not clear. Were you using the same EWQL plugin in Sibelius? What do you mean exactly by "the timing seems to go out a lot"?

I have tried quantizing it using the usual methods, and when I close the program and reopen it, it goes out of time again.

What usual methods?

It seemed to work but upon reopening the project things were wrong again. Have you saved the project prior closing it?

I have tied the fancy way of resetting midi via the midi transform window, but to no avail.

What "fancy way of resetting midi via the midi transform window"? I dont see in the Transform window a preset to fix quantization issue...

Any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong?

Please clarify your problem, providing if need be screen capture (of your Arrange / Track window, your Mixer window, Device preferences) or audio recording (soundcloud or else) of your issue.

Please clarify what you actually did.