Midi control ES2

recordplay

Hi All,

Apologies if this has already been covered and please point me where if so.

I'm currently configuring my Akai MPK mini II with LPX to have a general ready to go set up when plugged in.

I'm looking to assign the macros within ES2 and after reading through the manual am a little confused.

With LPX there are are fair few ways of setting up midi control which is at the best of times still a little confusing of the best solution.

1. What are the correct ways to configure ES2 with a controller using Macro and midi controls?

2. If I wanted to assign CC #3 to control the ES2 cutoff is there a way I can configure the ES2 to always recognise this without any initial set up?

Thanks, I appreciate any help

The only current* way to control the ES2 via MIDI is to use the Controller Assignments section at the bottom of the interface. There you choose which MIDI CC's you want to use for MIDI control (Control A, B, C, D, E and F). Then you select those as the Source of modulation in the modulation router in the middle of the interface.

*Unfortunaly there's a bug in Logic 10.0.7 that prevents from making MIDI assignments using Logic's MIDI Learn function.

J.

Thank you chaps, hope this is fixed in the next update. I can use smart controls for the time being oh and this same problem is also the case with NI Massive as both the ES2 and Massive Controller assignments work fine in L9 but not in LPX.

I want the normal settings like cutoff/res and envelope permanently assigned whenever I open an instance of ES2 and load a patch whether that be factory, homemade and third party patches?

I can't seem to find a way of doing this without every track that I make when I arrive at a decent stage of bass production I have 7 or 8 bass variations that I want to further produce but I have to go in and spend time assigning all controls to my controller when really its the same controls that are mapped time after time.

Or is there a way I can recall a pre-assigned smart control

I'm digressing a bit from my original post here but I'm gradually getting somewhere near where I want to be. I'm sending CC #74 and CC #71 from my controller in the hope that this would control cut off or res for any of my virtual synths within logic but it's not happening. Are any of the synths in Logic capable of receiving such data.

Sorry if this is a bit of a newbie answer but I'm trying to get to grips with what CC's are usable and what isn't.

I'm digressing a bit from my original post here but I'm gradually getting somewhere near where I want to be. I'm sending CC #74 and CC #71 from my controller in the hope that this would control cut off or res for any of my virtual synths within logic but it's not happening. Are any of the synths in Logic capable of receiving such data.

872381914_ScreenShot2014-07-29at13_06_42.png.0e51695bec584a726128c1554bd6d3f6.png

Keep in mind you won't see the knobs on the GUI move with this method.

J.

Thanks Eric useful tip, still doesn't effect the whole range though.

I'm not in front of Logic Pro X right now but like I said this is not an optimal solution on how to control the attack.

You can probably duplicate more to extend the range even more but it feels kind of silly to have many duplicated routings for this simple task.

Yep this is going the wrong way intended (although I'm still earning some bits I didn't know before so thanks guys)

So I'm now looking at setting up some custom channel strips that can be imported at will and have controller assignments ready to go.

For example I would like to control 4 plug ins via my controller on a channel strip.

Set up procedure:

Assign 8 controls to Plug in parameters I would like to control on the first plug in loaded on my channel strip

Flick to a different program option on controller (I have 4 available) which will now have 8 controls sending out different CC # that were mapped to plug in 1

continue to assign 8 controls to parameters I would like to control on plug in 2

and so on up to 4 plug ins then save channel strip for recall at will in any other projects. I'm off to try this now what do you think?

• 2 months later...