Pan settings for recording dj mix using logic pro x [SOLVED]

endorphin

Hi guys, I am attempting to record a dj mix using logic pro x. The issue that I am having is in relation to recording a 12" oldskool dance track which has a panned vocal. When recording this 12", logic does not replicate or give a true recording of the panned vocal, it basically doesn't pan the vocal at all. I have done various tests using the pan settings to attempt to eliminate any issues but still the problem exists.

Can someone please recommend something to rectify the panning issue as I have been unable to find a solution online?

Thanks

Gary

Thanks for that J, i'm nearly 100% that it is a stereo track that i'm recording but will check to make sure.

Cool, if you are indeed recording to a stereo track then there's no way Logic will affect the panning of the recorded signal, unless you've done something with input channel strip objects in the environment.

If you haven't done anything in the environment and the recorded file is still not retaining the original panning, you'll have to troubleshoot outside Logic.

J.

Thanks for that J, i'm nearly 100% that it is a stereo track that i'm recording but will check to make sure.

Cool, if you are indeed recording to a stereo track then there's no way Logic will affect the panning of the recorded signal, unless you've done something with input channel strip objects in the environment.

If you haven't done anything in the environment and the recorded file is still not retaining the original panning, you'll have to troubleshoot outside Logic.

J.

Hi J, you were right, I was not recording in stereo. Thanks for pointing that out, I'm new to this type of recording software and didn't realise. I've uploaded an attachment of a sample recording of what I now know was in mono.

Thanks again

Gary

1979700901_ScreenShot2014-07-30at19_12_07.thumb.png.c9df7a743ac8d3cf9852708e06e0c26b.png