Bringing LPX Project to Pro Tools Studio

jerrydpi

I've got a Project/Song I'm bringing to be mixed/tweaked by a local studio that has mega bucks in consoles, monitors, eq's, preamps, etc.

The problem (perhaps just to me, not the studio :D ) is that he is Pro Tools based.

As far as interface/converter, we both have Universal Audio Apollo's, so we share/use the same plug ins.

Here's my first question:

If I'm using Flex for things like quantizing, will those LPX based alterations be transferred as part of the tracks (in other words perfectly quantized) when he puts my song into his computer/Pro Tools or will he have to take the raw tracks (un-quantized) and do the same (quantize) with the Pro Tools equivalent programs?

Hi Atlas007!

I'm a little fuzzy on that :)

1) Will the tracks have my plug ins burnt on them permanently? If so, I'd rather them not be on there so he could put what he thought might work better.

The more I thought about it, I'd be okay if just the tracks were quantized the way I'd like them to be, so it might be best if:

a) The song is quantized.

b) He gets the audio tracks and my software tracks (drums and bass guitar) as he also has Addictive Drums and Trilian as well.

What I'm struggling to say, and don't know the correct terminology to express my wants, is I'd like him to have all the tracks quantized, with no plug in FX's (EMT 140/Compression/etc) so when he/I transfer the tracks, he has a quantized song and will then add his magic to those tracks (perfectly quantized) once they are in Pro Tools.