Can't move Output track from the bottom

jster

• 1 year later...
  • 5 weeks later...

There is a workaround..

In the Environment, you can make a duplicate main output channel strip—just create a new channel strip object, and assign it to the main output. This duplicate will behave identically to the existing one—the one that can't be moved—but it can be positioned wherever you want.

Back in the Arrange window, use the menu option to turn off display of the (original) master output track, then create a new track, and re-assign it to the duplicate output (you'll see two "Stereo Output" options, choose the new one (by trial & error, if necessary). With the original not displayed in the track list, you can now move the new duplicate to wherever you want in the track list (I put it at the top).

Kludgy, but it works..

Cheers,

Joe

• 4 years later...

Hi there,

I'm wondering if this still works.

In the Environment, you can make a duplicate main output channel strip—just create a new channel strip object, and assign it to the main output. This duplicate will behave identically to the existing one—the one that can't be moved—but it can be positioned wherever you want.

When I create a new channel strip (Aux channel), I am unable to assign it to the main output so that I can see the output levels in the new strip/track. More than likely I am missing something stupendously easy?

I guess my question is which part of the new aux channel strip allows you to assign it to the main output.

Thanks for your help!