Logic 9 - Track shows stereo but plays mono [SOLVED]

iucakeov

Hi everyone

Has anyone had the issue of having a track that is stereo but plays mono. The two circles are on, but the actual visual display is not split, it shows and plays mono.

The track I am using is stereo. I've solved this in the past by creating a new track and copying the region into the newly created stereo track.

But this time when I dragged, the initially split visual stereo tracks turns into a mono track. Again, it's still a stereo track at the very bottom, with two circles displaying.

Thoughts?

Hi Erik, looks like problem reappeared.

I couldn't solve the issue but the way I did resolve it by creating a new stereo track, if however I did copy/paste channel strip settings, it would sometimes take it back to mono (and I couldn't change that). But if I dragged the plugins, then it was fine, but I would need to make the plugin "stereo".

Anyways, I wonder if there is some "switch" behind the scenes where this stereo option gets defined or is this some odd glitch?

Hi Erik, looks like problem reappeared.

I couldn't solve the issue but the way I did resolve it by creating a new stereo track, if however I did copy/paste channel strip settings, it would sometimes take it back to mono (and I couldn't change that). But if I dragged the plugins, then it was fine, but I would need to make the plugin "stereo".

Anyways, I wonder if there is some "switch" behind the scenes where this stereo option gets defined or is this some odd glitch?

The saved channel strip setting could have a mono/stereo plugin mismatch.