Logic Pro X Certification

ERO

According to the LPX certification registry, there are only 23 certified LPX users in the USA, and only 284 in the world. Is this true? If so, why are so few LPX users choosing to be certified? Is it worth it to be LPX certified?

Also, does anyone know why LP8 and LP9 certifications have been dropped from the registry?

Not all Certified Pros choose to have their credentials published, which is probably why it looks like there are so few.

As far as LP8 and 9 Certifications disappearing, it is odd that it's not even searchable even by name and/or state. My assumption would be that most people would be searching for the latest versions for Credentials.

Just my $0.02... :D

Is it worth it to be LPX certified?

It all depends on where you're at with your music production career, and where you want to go. If you're at or near the beginning of your career, then the Apple Certification can help you get a foot in the door. I answered the same question in more details previously, here's a link: Apple Certification Worthwhile?

Also, does anyone know why LP8 and LP9 certifications have been dropped from the registry?

It's Apple's policy to drop certifications a few months after a new version is released. So for example the Logic 8 certification was retired 6 months after Logic 9 was released. This gives time for certified professionals to re-certify while avoiding to confuse the market with many different Logic-version-certifications out there. Once a version has been out for a few months, being certified in an app automatically means you're certified in the current version of that app.

Regarding certification, I live in Brisbane Australia and there is no where I can find to get certified, even do the course. I have looked through the sites but to no avail. Would you (David) know of anywhere in Australia that certifies Logic Pro? I have been using and teaching with it in class for a while and would like to add to my quals. Oh and I have your latest book.

Sorry to Hijack your post ERO :)