Button Assignments to Samson Graphite M25 [SOLVED]

wwaveform

In the KEY COMMAND window you will need to type Play in the search window, select the line that has Play, hit the learn assignment tab, then press your controller Play button.

Next in the search tab type STOP and repeat this process ...

Still not working.

Something tells me I should just return this thing and buy something that Logic supports.

I'll try again...
Can you show a screenshot of one assignment that does not work (in the Assignments pane in the key command window)?

http://i.imgur.com/qqCbOuEl.png

Typically, it either doesn't detect input from the controller regarding this area, or it considers every button in that specific area on the controller to be the same.

Open the Control Assignment window and see if you haven't assigned those controllers to something else by mistake.

I would not return it just yet.

The keyboard actually supports MMC. That would make using the transport very easy.

You will have to manually change the transport buttons to send MMC info but I think it could be worth a try.

The keyboard actually supports MMC. That would make using the transport very easy.

You will have to manually change the transport buttons to send MMC info but I think it could be worth a try.

Indeed, that would be easier!

However, It's unbelievable that while there's no mention of it in the manual, they've actually included the MMC commands in the menus labeled "CC" (as in Control Change) in their Graphite Mini Editor software. MMC are System Real Time messages, not CC's! They've even included Program Changes in the same menus!

That's pretty lame on their part... :|

J.

Typically, it either doesn't detect input from the controller regarding this area, or it considers every button in that specific area on the controller to be the same.

Hmmm that screenshot shows that no MIDI data whatsoever was received by Logic. I would first try to determine how to get the keyboard to send MIDI data (of any kind) when you press the buttons? OR follow Eric's suggestion. In any case you should be able to get help from the device's manual or from their tech support.

• 1 month later...
I just bought this same controller because best buy didn't have the akai lpk25 and I was headed out on a road trip. I'm having the same problem with the samson m25 by not being able to assign simple buttons like play and stop. In fact, the only button that works for assigning is the OCT- button. The keys work fine for playing. I'm using LOGIC PRO X on a Macbook Pro running Mavericks. I didn't see a solution to wwaveform's question. I have other larger controllers and I haven't had problems assigning those. Should I just take this thing back? What a pain...

• 1 month later...

Hmmm that screenshot shows that no MIDI data whatsoever was received by Logic. I would first try to determine how to get the keyboard to send MIDI data (of any kind) when you press the buttons?

I ran into similar problems trying to set up one of these for a friend the other night.

All controls are picked up fine with the learn function except the transport controls.

Weirdly, although Logic says no MIDI data received, the little MIDI indicator dot on the display flashes when the buttons are pressed so it is receiving *something* but I've no idea what as yet.

Weirdly, although Logic says no MIDI data received, the little MIDI indicator dot on the display flashes when the buttons are pressed so it is receiving *something* but I've no idea what as yet.

you can use the free MIDI Monitor by Snoize to see exactly what the controller is sending:

http://www.snoize.com/MIDIMonitor/

However, sounds like it's sending sysex messages. Those can't be assigned.

Have you tried our suggestion of using MMC commands instead of making MIDI assignments for the transport buttons?

J.

Thanks for the quick reply:

Have you tried our suggestion of using MMC commands instead of making MIDI assignments for the transport buttons?

Not yet as it's at a friend's house and we never had enough time.

I'll try to get another look at it over the next few days.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got another look at this thing and have downloaded the editor software and set the transport controls to "128 MMC Play" etc.

I then saved the editor file to my desktop (as closing the editor and opening it again resets to default) but still can't figure out how to get Logic to recognise these settings. I'm not even sure the editor software is communicating with the device.

Unsurprisingly, the transport still isn't working.

Think this might be getting sent back too.

-EDIT-

setting Mode to Momentary doesn't seem to help either.

1033967572_ScreenShot2014-11-15at10_40_45.png.f6b0f69ebaa89528ee1caaa207b8537c.png

I finally got another look at this thing and have downloaded the editor software and set the transport controls to "128 MMC Play" etc.

Your screen shot shows you've chosen MMC Rewind for all transport buttons...?

I then saved the editor file to my desktop (as closing the editor and opening it again resets to default) but still can't figure out how to get Logic to recognise these settings. I'm not even sure the editor software is communicating with the device.

You have to get those settings loaded into the device by using the "Download to Device" function in the Editor's "Menu" menu :lol:

In Logic all you need to do is check the "Listen to MMC Input" box in Project Settings > Synchronization > MIDI > MIDI Machine Control

J

Your screen shot shows you've chosen MMC Rewind for all transport buttons...?

Yeah, that happened when I switched one button to Momentary - they all became the same thing.

I never noticed before posting the screenshot. I've reset them now.

You have to get those settings loaded into the device by using the "Download to Device" function in the Editor's "Menu" menu :lol:

D'oh!

Thank you very much sir - all working now. :oops: