Disk too slow Error Message

Kelly Moore

Hi Eric. Thanks for your reply. For some reason I never got a notification of it. Also not entirely sure what I did to find my post and this message. The forum is still tricky for me to understand. Can't seem to easily locate anything.

At any rate, I changed the buffer size to 512 as you suggest and it still stalls out. Same error message.

I don't know how to look at CPU meter or disk meter? Can use all the help I can get.

Again, thanks.

HI Kelly.

A notification should arrive if you check the notifications box in the Editor where you typed your question.

You can enable notifications as default by navigating through the boards User Control Panel:

User Control Panel > Board preferences > Edit posting defaults

If you double click on the CPU/HD Meter in the Custom LCD no the Control Bar you'll get a floating meter of all your CPU cores and your Disk I/O.

Hope this helps,

Eric

Eric and G-Dub,

Thanks both for your suggestions.

1. I was able to fix the notification issue. It had changed for some unknown reason. Should be receiving them again now.

2. Found the CPU and I/O meters and watched before, during and after the stop. No change in meters.

3. G-Dub, not sure which you're referring to about slowness, but on other songs I've had several tracks running without any difficulty and this is basically one track with a short punch in on a separate track, which is exactly where it stops.

I'm thinking that since it's such a small project I should just start over and rebuild. Suggestions?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...