Logic Pro 9 on Mavericks using Nodes on a Mac Pro G5?

bobsbarricades

As a temporary solution to some hardware limitations I found I have access to a Mac Pro G5. From what I read I will have to run in 32 bit mode which might completely defeat the purpose of trying this if it even works at all.

I was curious if anybody here has any experience using something similar to the setup I will be?

If anybody knows beforehand if this just straight up will not work and has other ideas I'm all ears. Thanks

So baring some computer miracle I'm going to have to install a separate Logic 9.0 on my Laptop (don't upgrade) and and the same on the g5 (unupgraded) for this to work?

Smells like it won't work because the projects are all 9.1.8.

You keep saying "in theory" and I don't know if that's hinting that google knows some tricks or if you have experience of these theories not holding, or if it's just a quirk with diction ^_^ In any event thanks for the help in finding answers.

OK, before I go and make a new thread I figure I should post in here.

I haven't gotten the G5's even up and running yet because I got an Intel iMac with a broken screen that another friend said I should try before diving into the G5 world.

Problem - the sounds that get sent over the gigabit ethernet aren't the same sounds that would be made on the main machine. They get altered in pitch, the FX aren't done the same, the levels are totally out of wack...so I'm curious if this is some kind of common issue that people know about? Is it the node not working fast enough (I think it's a core duo, one of the first intel iMac's)? Something else I'm doing wrong? Continuation of wonky problems my MBP comes up with?

I was thinking I could try firewire if it's a throughput issue but I only have one firewire on my MBP and it goes to my interface (which only has one as well...)

Think I should make a separate thread?