2013 MacPro Video not syncing issue [SOLVED]

adzmusic

Hi all,

I'm experiencing an annoying issue with video lagging by a few frames when I import a movie file to Logic to record some voiceovers. I need to use the original as a reference so it's not something I can overlook just for now.

My basics are below.

2013 Mac Pro 6core, 16gb, Dual D300, 512pcie flash.

Logic X 10.0.7

Focusrite Pro56

The original video was a small mp4 25fps, which was out of sync upon import. My first thought was the compression was causing problems so I converted it (by a forum suggestion) to DVPAL25 (mov). This wasn't any good either, same issue. I then tried a range of other DV formats without any luck.

I'm away from my system at the moment and realised that I my project was 24fps. Thinking this was going to be a solution I still decided to further investigate some scenarios on my laptop.

MBP 13" retina, i5 8gb. Built in vid and audio.

Logic 10.0.7 as well

Following another suggestion I converted the file to Prores422 mov 25fps and opened this in a 25fps logic project. Perfect sync.

I then opened a new project in 24fps and imported the same Prores422 mov 25fps... Perfect sync.

I then thought to myself that frame rate mustn't be the problem.

So, just to start the problem/mistake from scratch on my laptop I loaded the original mp4 25fps into a 24fps logic project and bam... Perfect sync. ?? At this stage I was hoping to have a problem as it means to me that something is up with my main Mac pro setup.

The logic settings I use, are (should be) identical, bar some keyboard shortcuts and of course the interface.

Clearly the problem isn't codec/compression hogging cpu issue as if my lil' ol' mBP can handle it in a stride then the Mac Pro should be doing this without waking from sleep!!

Is there something I'm missing? Has anyone else experienced this before? Any suggestions?

Edited by adzmusic

OK, Resolved....

For some reason my 'Movie to Project' adjustment was advanced about 36 quarter frames for some reason. God knows how as this is the first project with this setup that required video and I can't imagine it being an default. Anyhoo... All good.