Location of project mixer preset data?

Thumbz

So, I just wiped my drive and did a clean boot of Mavericks. I thought I had everything backed up, but apparently Logic keeps information on plugin settings somewhere other than the project file itself? What gives?

I opened up a project, all audio files found, all plugins found, nothing amiss on my end, but everything has default setting. You'd think it would at least tell me there was some error or something... wtf, really? So where does it save that information? And more importantly, how do I get it back? There's no way the developers never imagined the possibility of opening up a file on a different computer with all the same plugins and that's essentially what I'm doing. So why is everything gone? I'm really quite furious about this. It's more than a colossal failure.. in the very worst case it should tell me it has information on settings and ask me one by one which knob they apply to.. but nothing. Not a peep. Just hands me a bunch of GRRAAHH default plugins like that's acceptable, and doesn't even show an error.

You would never see something like this in my code.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=96714&p=504423&hilit=plugin+settings+lost#p504423

apparently Logic keeps information on plugin settings somewhere other than the project file itself? What gives?

No, all settings related to a project are saved within the project file. Unless by settings you mean some kind of media content, such as audio files, apple loops, or EXS24 or some other sampler's instruments?

I opened up a project, all audio files found, all plugins found, nothing amiss on my end, but everything has default setting.

Then it seems like something went wrong with your project file. The plug-in settings should be saved in the project file and loading the file on any machine should give you the same parameter settings. Did you try opening that same project file on the original Mac? What kind of plug-in setting goes back to default?

Every non-apple plugin goes back to default, and the "original mac" is pretty much this one before I wiped the drive and did a clean boot of Mavericks. None of this is content related.

I'm a little frazzled, I kind of just lost 2 years worth of music and I was just about to start mastering it for release so I could maybe make some money. This is really, really not okay.

I had Logic 9.0.0 and Snow Leapord on a MBP. I then saved my Logic folder on a portable hard drive, wiped my drive and installed Mavericks. At first I had Logic Pro X, but I soon realized I needed a 32 bit version and went down to 9.1.7.

It opens fine, has all of the data, and all the plugins in the right places on the mixer, but every one of my synths is init patch.