Logic Pro X plug in midi controller mapping

ASFT

HI,

I am hoping someone could help me or stop me from trying to figure out how to do this please as its driving me mad.

I have just got a AKAI MPK261 and I have mapped all the Faders and Knobs to control the Mixer channels 1 to 24 (Volume, Pan etc) but I was hoping to map the same Faders/Knobs to control my Rayblaster Plug In Synth when in use (or any other Plug In). I have managed to do it by 'Keeping Both' from the Assignment Area but obviously I do want to Pan Channel 1 +64 when cranking the OSC on the Rayblaster.

I've tried switching to a different Preset on the AKAi and mapping again but it must still be receiving the same MIDI CC information so I've ruled that out but I may be wrong in doing so.

The only way I can think of doing it is to sacrifice Channels 17 to 24 in the Mixer (Bank C on AKAI) and use those which is ok but I'm certain there must be a way of telling Logic that when the Rayblasters in use "Use this Mapped Controller Set" so to not get the conflict.

Any help would be fantastic, I sure many people before me must have run into this dilemma. I'm pretty new to Logic also which make me question that this must be able to be done somehow but its beyond my knowledge.

Many Thanks

Anthony

Hi,

Click this link to your signature and add your system information:

• Logic version and sub-version (e.g. Logic 10.0.7)

• OS X version and sub-version (e.g. OS 10.9.3)

• Computer (e.g. MacBook, Mac Pro, iMac)

• Processor (e.g. 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo)

• Memory (e.g. 2GB)

• Audio interface manufacturer and model (e.g. Presonus AudioBox USB)

• MIDI Controller manufacturer and model (e.g. M-Audio Axiom Pro 49)

(most of that information can be found by choosing Logic Pro X > About Logic Pro X, and  > About This Mac)

And about your issue...

You could use Zones and Modes in Logic's Controller Assignments window. It will allow you to map a single CC to multiple parameters.

For example:

file.php?id=25438

The parameters don't need to belong to the same plug-in like in my gif above...you could use the same CC to control several parameters all over the place (plug-in parameters and Logic parameters).

I think you'll find this thread useful:

viewtopic.php?p=373038#p373038

But also check out Logic's control surfaces support manual:

http://manuals.info.apple.com/MANUALS/1000/MA1650/en_US/logic_pro_x_control_surfaces_support.pdf

J.