Is there any way to stop the Library from opening?

lip5016

Hello!

Is there any way to stop the Library from opening up on the left side of the arrangement window when you double click on a channel? I've honestly never used the library.. not even once. And I don't plan to ever use it, since I've already got my ducks in a row with my current setup.. It's very annoying because I'm frequently changing the channel names in the arrange window by double clicking on them, and about half the time, I click slightly off and the damn Library window keeps opening.. Is there any way I can like disable that from happening altogether? I'm aware of the Library hotkey, but this just gets annoying after a while.. Possible? Thanks!

Is there any way to stop the Library from opening up on the left side of the arrangement window when you double click on a channel?

You must mean a track...channels (strips) are in the mixer. I don't think there's a way to stop that from happening, but if you find it difficult to click in the defined area in the track header, you could switch to using the "Rename Track" key command (Shift-Return) instead.

Alternatively, you could double-click the track name on the track inspector:

1021074750_ScreenShot2014-09-02at09_33_13.png.6ee0be3dc0cdb5904dcaaf60436fe8ea.png

...or double-click the name on the corresponding channel trip in the mixer.

J.

I wasn't able to find any way to stop it from happening. Looks like there are two behaviors when you double click on a track icon.

open library

Only occurs when there are no plug-ins on a channel strip

open smart controls

only occurs once there are plug-ins loaded on the channel strip

You can hold Shift, Option or Command while double-clicking a track name to edit it without opening the Library or the Smart Controls pane.

Shift (expanding) + Command (select/de-select one) are for modifying selections

Option, will copy tracks if you click and drag from the icon, but it won't do anything if you double click

You can hold Shift, Option or Command while double-clicking a track name to edit it without opening the Library or the Smart Controls pane.

Hmm, I have no problems editing a track name when double clicking it...as long as I double-click inside the area defined for that purpose. If I double-click outside this area (even while holding down Shift, Option, or Command), the Library opens.

I wonder why it's not working here... :?:

J.

[Hmm, I have no problems editing a track name when double clicking it...as long as I double-click inside the area defined for that purpose. If I double-click outside this area (even while holding down Shift, Option, or Command), the Library opens.

I wonder why it's not working here... :?:

Well... now it's working as you describe here too. A moment ago, as I was trying to help someone else I could swear it wouldn't work!

• 6 years later...