Recording in the red zone

BBop

HI There

Im a Newb in need of some help

i am operating Software OS X 10.8.5 (12F45)- processor 2.5 GHz intel core i5

-4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

I am using Logic 9

My mic is a Blue Yeti and my headphones are audiotechnica monitor headphones ATH m50. (this is the only plug in i am using) i haven't placed any effects or mixes on the track

I am attempting to record vocals through my apple mac but i am unsure how to avoid the recording levels going into the red zone and getting static on the track.

The gain on the microphone is as low as possible and volume on the computer is quite low also.

I have also also taken the input level of the track down as low as possible.

1799615926_ScreenShot2014-09-13at3_37_14PM.thumb.png.ebc32b661c04333a368bed532d18bac7.png

Any plugins going on the vocal track while you record?

It doesn't really matter as during recording, the meters on the channel strip show the recording level, wether plug-ins are inserted or not.

@BBop, when you say the levels spike on the actual vocal track during recording, what exact level do they reach?

You should definitely be able to turn down the Mic gain lower to where the levels are not going into the red. And that's pretty much the only thing you can do about it, so if that doesn't work, contact Blue and ask for help, or get another microphone.

• 8 months later...

Hi all, my name is depsi and I am running Pro 9 9.1.8

I use it to create Podcasts.

Can someone tell me, every time I trim a bit off a track and delete it, where does it go? I'm sure I have a bucket load in a delete file somewhere that I should be cleaning out.

Thanks in advance.