Logic X CPU drops with Kontakt and VSL

DefaultMusic777

Hi!

I have a problem. I have new engine with the latest i7 6-core from intel, 64 GB RAMM and a SSD RAID-system to load samples very fast.

Now I have enormous problems with the performances if I use Kontakt (And I really mainly use Kontakt...). The CPU is on it's max, if I just only play 5 ! string staccato lines. I don't know what to do now. By VEPro is 6 threads selected at the preferences and in contact itself Multiprocessing with 6 cores. Really need some help here. There is only loaded the string patch (which its approx. 19 GB at the RAM, because I trigger mostly 2 instruments per MIDI Track - one Kontakt and one VSL Pro Instrument) and the buffers are on it's max too (4 I guess, with 32ms). All is on the latest version!

Thanks for any advice!

Markus

Hi Markus,

please add your relevant equipment to your signature.

click this link to your signature and add your system information:

• Logic version and sub-version (e.g. Logic 10.0.3)

• OS X version and sub-version (e.g. OS 10.8.4)

• Computer (e.g. MacBook, Mac Pro, iMac)

• Processor (e.g. 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo)

• Memory (e.g. 2GB)

• Audio interface manufacturer and model (e.g. Presonus AudioBox USB)

(most of that information can be found by choosing Logic Pro X > About Logic Pro X, and  > About This Mac)

Please also list whatever you own of those:

• MIDI controller(s), (hardware) synths, soundmodules, other MIDI-using hardware, external processing equipment, etc.

-----

I have a problem. I have new engine with the latest i7 6-core from intel, 64 GB RAMM and a SSD RAID-system to load samples very fast.

Now I have enormous problems with the performances if I use Kontakt (And I really mainly use Kontakt...). The CPU is on it's max, if I just only play 5 ! string staccato lines. I don't know what to do now. By VEPro is 6 threads selected at the preferences and in contact itself Multiprocessing with 6 cores. Really need some help here. There is only loaded the string patch (which its approx. 19 GB at the RAM, because I trigger mostly 2 instruments per MIDI Track - one Kontakt and one VSL Pro Instrument) and the buffers are on it's max too (4 I guess, with 32ms). All is on the latest version!

Try choosing the highest number of cores available for both Logic and VSL - it sounds like you are not using your extra 6 HyperThreading cores, making a total of 12 cores/processing threads, which effectively almost doubles your processors' power!