Instrument tracks can´t record midi

peterdue

Hi all

A strange problem has just occurred. Suddenly I can´t record midi on software instrument tracks in Logic Pro 10. I can, however, still record on midi tracks.

The attachment is a screenshot of my arrange window. I have zoomed in on two tracks: a software instrument track and a midi track. As you can see there is no record-enable button on the instrument track (Inst 11). When I select that track and hit the record button nothing happens. When I do the same with the midi track, which does have a record-enable button Logic starts to record.

This doesn´t happen when I open a new project with software instruments. When I do that, there is no problem recording. But I have spend countless hours creating my template so I need to make the instrument tracks work there.

I hope someone can help.

Sincerely,

Peter

Mac Pro (early 2008) 10.9.2, Logic Pro 10.0.7, Fireface 800, Slave PC with VEP

1916132274_ScreenShot2014-09-15at12_24.20(2).thumb.png.34480007cdde90a612308f8768d357ed.png

I tried all sorts of things and discovered that this seem to be a bug related to the DRUMMER.

See attached screenshot. It shows two tracks, both with instrument 16 assigned. The second was created by reassigning another existing arrange track to the same software instrument (inst 16). It has the record-enable button. The top one doesn´t. The midi regions on the tracks was created by inputting them with the pencil tool.

Logic seems to under the illusion that the first track is a drummer track - which it is most certainly not!! The other track, the exact same instrument (inst16), acts like a normal midi, software instrument track.

I hope this bug will be solved in a coming update (along with the many, many others.....)

1222121180_ScreenShot2014-09-16at08_36.00(2).thumb.png.222b891fd76ecf716f87c9b5d8912713.png