Newbie Midi CC Mod Wheel Question? [SOLVED]

logandrum

Hello, I am learning how to program realistic orchestral parts and I have a question with regards to drawing in expression (CC#11) with the Mod wheel on my M-Audio key station 86es..

I found a tutorial online that allows me to map my mod wheel to the expression controller via a transformer and things seem to be working...But I am curious however why modulation data is also being recorded? Forgive the basic question if it is, but are both expression and modulation affecting the performance?

I should be able to tell by listening, but now I am doubting myself.. Can I use the mod wheel to JUST draw in expression data? Is the modulation data being recorded as well just as a result of moving the mod wheel? Or is it also being drawn, thus affecting the performance, which in this case, I would not want..

Thank you so much, and I appreciate any feedback..

Thanks!

Thank you for your replies.. I have zero experience working in the environment and with its objects...

I attached a screenshot so you can see what I entered into the transformer which I copied from his tutorial...

Do you see what is wrong in the setup?

Is there a better way to get the mod wheel to be assigned to expression?

Thanks again!

Edited by logandrum