Logic 9 sync as slave issue

undergrounkfunk

Ok guys i have a issue with sync on logic. Am trying to use logic as a slave and sync it to my MPC3000. So i have sent midi tm out of the mpc to logic and selected synchronisation in logic and set it to receive MTC... All is good and logic receive MTC when i press play. But the problem is that i am using the MPC to trigger instruments in Logic and once i sync it it stops triggering the instruments so i get no sounds????

Whats going on is it not possible to do this?

Answers that will not help me BTW are that i should have the MPC as a slave... I obviously wish to use the feel of the MPC over logic sequencer. Nor do i want to record the midi data as am intending to record the final audio coming from the instruments. So really i just wanna know why logic stops playing the instruments once synced? Do i need to use 2 midi ini's from the MPC? i have the outs for it but my sound card only has one midi input.

Ah. Unfortunately I cannot open that file as I don't have older Logic versions installed here. However I don't see why you'd need any kind of specific environment to achieve what you're trying to do here. In fact I believe that environment may be the culprit if it takes the MIDI out of the sequencer input.

So instead, try using a brand new project, and use the following guide: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=32201

Hi David just tried the suggested set up and i am getting no joy, do remember trying before also and always found i had to change the environment in order for it to work for me. Am using logic 9.1.8 not that it should make a difference. Followed the steps exactly and it only plays the midi track thats highlighted in the mixer... have i missed something? Selected auto demix then changed midi channel on inspector for each track.

Interestingly enough though when i put it into sync mode again the instrument stops playing just the same as with the different environment so i think it's same to say that the environment template hasn't caused the sync issue. Any ideas?

Hi David just tried the suggested set up and i am getting no joy

Does it work as long as Logic is not playing back? Or does it not work even when Logic is not playing back?

Followed the steps exactly and it only plays the midi track thats highlighted in the mixer... have i missed something? Selected auto demix then changed midi channel on inspector for each track.

Record-enabled every track?

Hi david managed to get midi triggering to work via your recommendation.. not sure why it wasn't working for me the first time round but all is good now with out changing the environment template for triggering the instruments via the mpc.

Unfortunately the sync issue is still the same and i have noticed that once it cuts the sounds out it sometimes starts to leave them off even after i changed the settings back to no sync, thats on both the mpc and logic. And the only way to get them to work again is to open a new project. Note i don't need to reboot logic only open new project.

I should mention that once in sync, sometimes, it has played the first note briefly before cutting out, this is only for a split second BTW.

Also interestingly enough if plays the last note briefly when i press stop on the mpc also.

I have also tried the manual sync on logic and found that this seems to work but only on the selected instrument track and it doesn't matter if all are highlighted and rec is on all. Also the tempo interpreter doesn't seem to change no matter what tempo the bpm is set to. The tempo seems to stay stationary on both manual and external sync.