How do I take audio and other content from other Projects?

Lazy M Beats

Hello,

I feel like this is a simple thing that I am missing but nonetheless is confusing me. I want to be able to import samples and audio clips from previous projects into a new one. For instance I want to get a single shot sample of the tambourine part out of the "Little lady" project in the Logic Pro X book by David and use it in a current project.

The way I have currently been going about this is to either

A) Open two projects and then drag and drop the audio from one project to another.

B) Open the previous project and then bounce out the specific part into a "Bounced Samples Folder" on my desktop and then navigate through the browser of the new project to import it

In logic Pro 9 I was able to navigate through the browser tab and into my projects where there were dedicated folders containing all audio that had been used in the previous project and import the audio that way.

I feel like this might have something to do with my default settings when saving. When i first save, my project my default settings are to:

A) Organize my project as a package

B) Copy the following files into your project: Audio files (only)

Should i organizing project as a folder instead? If this is the problem, how can I still access the audio in projects that is organized in package form?

Thanks in advance!

In logic Pro 9 I was able to navigate through the browser tab and into my projects where there were dedicated folders containing all audio that had been used in the previous project and import the audio that way.

You can use this exact procedure in Logic Pro X.

Use the All Files browser and navigate to the source project. Double-click on it and voila. :)