Midi FX slots disappearing from output channel [SOLVED]

BAY3RCAT

Hi there! This is my first post on this forum, I'm actually quite new to logic pro x. (a little bit of backstory), I'm actually a commercial music production major located in Cincinnati, OH. I do mostly EDM and hip hop work, all original stuff.

Anyways, I've been having an issue over the past week. I usually do some final touches (as far as mastering/mixing) using the midi fx slots on my output channel, however lately I've been finding that about an hour or two into a session, I'll notice that the midi fx slots are missing. This forces me to forgo any final EQing, stero splitting, etc. and leaves my tracks a little less polished than I'd like.

Im attaching a screenshot showing the output channel and you should be able to see where the midi fx (which are visable in the left column of the inspector, showing one of my tracks), but on the right the slots are clearly missing altogether.

Any help or insight would be appreciated, my professor actually told me he had no idea and had never seen this happen before.

263691014_ScreenShot2014-10-01at12_44_00PM.thumb.png.462ca4bbd78052ef56ff5beeacf40dce.png

For anyone interested in checking out my work, I would greatly appreciate it and do enjoy any and all critism you may have. You can find all of my latest stuff here: https://soundcloud.com/grantbayer

Thanks guys!

Edited by BAY3RCAT

There's no MIDI FX section on an Output channel strip - never. MIDI FX are only available at the top of software instrument channel strips.

However, on one of your tracks, the output must be set to "Surround". When you do that Logic uses the Master channel strip for your mix, and not the Stereo Output channel strip, which is why the latter no longer displays an Audio FX section.

Click the "All" button in the Mixer menu bar and look throughout the output slots of all your tracks to find the Surround one(s). Click it and choose Stereo Output instead.