Two monitors in Mavericks and using Logic

bobsbarricades

OK, so for normal usage of my computer i'd like to be able to fullscreen an app and have it only apply to the screen it's been fullscreen'd on. That means i have to have my system preferences set to "Displays have separate spaces." However with Logic, I would like to open up a project and have the mixer go to my second screen, and the arrange stay on my primary. This works fine and it remembers if I don't have "Displays as separate spaces" selected, but when I do the mixer ALWAYS loads up on the primary.

To be honest it seems like EVERY application will always open on the primary and not remember the screen position it was closed on. This is frustrating. Is there a solution?

OK, so for normal usage of my computer i'd like to be able to fullscreen an app and have it only apply to the screen it's been fullscreen'd on. That means i have to have my system preferences set to "Displays have separate spaces." However with Logic, I would like to open up a project and have the mixer go to my second screen, and the arrange stay on my primary. This works fine and it remembers if I don't have "Displays as separate spaces" selected, but when I do the mixer ALWAYS loads up on the primary.

To be honest it seems like EVERY application will always open on the primary and not remember the screen position it was closed on. This is frustrating. Is there a solution?

I have Displays as separate spaces checked and this is what I did.

I opened Logic Pro X and Open Mixer, moved it to my 2nd monitor.

Then I Saved as Templated, then after the template got saved, I just exited Logic without saving anything.

Now when I create a project using that template, the Mixer is on the 2nd monitor.

I added some instruments, put in a little melody then saved the project.

I exited Logic.

I opened Logic again, looked on the recent list and opened the last project and the Mixer window is still on the 2nd monitor and this is with Displays as separate spaces checked.