Crossfading multiple regions in Logic X?

jkaintplayin

Hi guys,

I've been trying to crossfade a group of selected regions via the inspector crossfade tool. I also selected crossfades from the drag menu, as I was watching different Youtube videos addressing this in Logic 9 and so I tried everything I could think of.

Am I missing something here?

logicx.png.4e0a73f7e5de48e3f97c273522c54ae4.png

Edited by jkaintplayin

Thanks for the reply Eric. You're right I do have flex pitch enabled. The strange thing is that the fade tool appears and works on some of the flex pitch enabled tracks, but not on others.

I just tried freezing the tracks in which the fade is not working, but that doesn't seem to work either. The thing is I would like to work with the ability to still change the pitch's, while still being able to crossfade since I am chopping up the audio for echo effects.

Is there a way to do this?

You can't have Flex Pitch and fades at the same time. You can either render your fades and then use Flex Pitch, or render Flex Pitch and the use fades.

The strange thing is that the fade tool appears and works on some of the flex pitch enabled tracks, but not on others.

Maybe those specific regions had their "Flex" parameter deselected (in the region inspector)?

I just tried freezing the tracks in which the fade is not working, but that doesn't seem to work either. The thing is I would like to work with the ability to still change the pitch's, while still being able to crossfade since I am chopping up the audio for echo effects.

Is there a way to do this?

Like David stated.

Select the regions you have pitched and bounce them in place.

Right now there is no way to use Flex Pitch and fades at the same time.