Output routing

ServeChilled

Hey guys,

I finally have some studio monitors to work with in my studio (Equator D8's) rather than mixing on the cans.

I'm still tracking on the cans of course, but switching back to the monitors to check the results.

To do this I am switching the LPX outputs in the Preferences: Audio: I/O Assignments menu but this is a fairly cumbersome and annoying method.

Question 1 - am I approaching this the right way?

Question 2 - if so, is there a keyboard shortcut I can set up to switch without surfing menus?

I'm using a Motu Track16 for the interface - switching between main outs 1-2, and outputs 3-4.

Thanks for your help.

R.

I use the same output pair (Output 1-2) for both my headphones and my monitors. I turn down the monitors all the way on the interface when I track, and turn them back up for listening. I looked up the Track 16 and it says "The phones can mirror the main outs, with independent volume control, or they can mirror any other Track16 output pair." - so I'm assuming you can do the same.

• 2 weeks later...