Converting Track Automation to MIDI Draw [SOLVED]

apacherose105

I'm trying to convert track automation into MIDI Modulation CC. I highlight all the breakpoints in the track, right click on the region header -> move all track data to region.

The only thing that happens is my track parameter automation disappears, I don't know where it has gone. The original track automation has been deleted and it is not appearing in any of the midi draw parameters. and is not appearing

I know I'm missing a step here.

Right click on the region-> MIDI draw->Modulation (shift F1) and nothing.

How do I select which midi parameter to transfer this track automation to?

How do I make this work.

Hi,

You don't say what version of Logic you're using....Please add your exact Logic version to your signature.

I'm trying to convert track automation into MIDI Modulation CC. I highlight all the breakpoints in the track, right click on the region header -> move all track data to region.

The only thing that happens is my track parameter automation disappears, I don't know where it has gone. The original track automation has been deleted and it is not appearing in any of the midi draw parameters. and is not appearing

Works fine here in Logic 10.0.7. You may need to invoke the Autodefine command (View > MIDI Draw > Autodefine) or zoom in vertically.

How do I select which midi parameter to transfer this track automation to?

If your automation is not already a MIDI CC (MIDI CC's are only available as track automation on external MIDI tracks, by the way), you're going to have to convert the data from fader events to controller events. You can use the Transform window for this.

J.

• 2 weeks later...