Yosemite is out. Consensus with Logic X?

realtwang

Hello -

I tried it with Beta 2 and everything seemed ok. I didn't send a lot of time with it, but initial thoughts were it was fine.

Im not sure I'll be upgrading right away though. It's not that I'm worried about compatibility, but I don't know if I gain anything. My system is working really well right now, and my iMac is too old for the newer features such as Airdrop and Continuity. So I may just hold out until I get a new Mac.

Speaking of new Macs - that Retina iMac seems very nice. I don't know how much graphic horsepower Logic needs or if the Retina will be beneficial to anyone but photographers and video people.But it is something I want to check out.

cheers

kc

Fisherking- any plugin compatibility issues?

all my plugins are of course 64bit, and have worked fine since logicX day 1.

overall, am having my best experience EVER with logic os x... not saying there aren't bugs, but nothing life-threatening. anyway, to get to the point, am not having any NEW issues with plugins (spark2 stumbles in LX, but has since it's own day 1). everything else is very happy...

Been using the beta version of Yosemite for about a week, now. Like others here, I've had no problems with Logic Pro X (and with Final Cut Pro X, Motion & Compressor). . . so far. The SSD with Yosemite is also housing my VIs (with the actual samples on another SSD), and another sequencing program that I sometimes use. Also, all hardware seems to be working just fine. Again, so far, so good. I plan on keeping this particular SSD dedicated to Yosemite, and having my other start-up disk dedicated to Mavericks with a bunch of other programs which include older versions of Logic Pro and Final Cut Pro. Edited by efiebke

Its worth bearing in mind that in the past, a large number of the typical issues faced after upgrading to a new OS X version.... have been related to external hardware and drivers.......and incompatibilities therein.

Check your current external hardware and drivers will work with Yosemite before you upgrade......

Is it just me or does LPX 10.0.7 look lighter on OS X 10.10?

Maybe they have changed around the default gamma curves for the displays because on www.logicprohelp.com I am also noticing the blue background has a texture that I didn't notice before.

BTW Jay I noticed the OS X 10.10 installer turned off the Favourites Bar in Safari but you can turn in back on View> Show Favourites Bar.

The things that are annoying me in Yosemite are, not being able to turn off translucency in the menu bar and losing the sidebar in iTunes.

Edited by scottkrk

Hi,

Any tests with the Waves v9r17 plugins running with logic pro X on Yosemite ?

Thanks for your reply.

Just upgraded to Yosemite this afternoon. So far so good. I'm running Waves V9r20 which is all working with no problems.

Apart from a minor graphics glitch with EZDrummer 2 when playing back midi loops inside the plug in, everything seems to be working fine. There's some flickering of the kit image bleeding through into the grooves / songwriting screen which is weird, but it doesn't seem to affect the audio.

Can anyone vouch for:

-East West's Play Engine

-East West's QL Spaces

-Komplete 9 (Kontakt 5, Absynth 5, Massive, FM8, Reaktor, Guitar Rig 5)

-Slate VCC and VBC

None of which are running through VEPro preferably

Also, anyone seeing better CPU handling in Logic?

The install was smooth, some bells and whistles had reset so tweaks needed. Loving the new look and feel. New driver for Duet (fw) available and installed. LpX is working lovely. logicprohelp site is quick and smooth using Safari.

Did you have any third-party plugins installed? Can you list which are working? Thanks ;)

Can anyone vouch for:

-East West's Play Engine

-East West's QL Spaces

-Komplete 9 (Kontakt 5, Absynth 5, Massive, FM8, Reaktor, Guitar Rig 5)

-Slate VCC and VBC

None of which are running through VEPro preferably

Also, anyone seeing better CPU handling in Logic?

I can vouch for Native- Instrument's Ultimate Complete 9 (haven't upgraded to 10, yet). Also, VEPro works just fine with Yosemite. Actually there's an update for VEPro 5 and MIR to make both compatible with Yosemite. Haven't tried the Play Engine yet, though. I've been having problems with the Play engine on Mavericks, including its recent update. (I've always had some issue with the Play Engine, unfortunately.)

Make sure you update the software for those happy dongles! ;)

Hope this is helpful. :)

So far so good! The prettiest OS since OSX Jaguar coming from OS9. The only issue I had was with my Korg Legacy Collection. I had to re-regenerate and then re-register new key codes. It's not Apple's fault. Korg doesn't make it easy that's for sure!

I can vouch for Native- Instrument's Ultimate Complete 9 (haven't upgraded to 10, yet). Also, VEPro works just fine with Yosemite. Actually there's an update for VEPro 5 and MIR to make both compatible with Yosemite. Haven't tried the Play Engine yet, though. I've been having problems with the Play engine on Mavericks, including its recent update. (I've always had some issue with the Play Engine, unfortunately.)

Make sure you update the software for those happy dongles! ;)

Hope this is helpful. :)

Awesome, thanks! :D

If Komplete 9 ultimate works, the regular version should work fine since they contain the some stuff (except ultimate has a little more)

Now I just need to verify that Slate plug-ins work and I might make the move (after a good backup of the system first ;))