Place to store midi regions added yet?

joshuac

Hello. I see around 5 years ago there was a discussion of how it would be nice to have a bin where midi regions could be stored, named, and auditioned, to help in the songwriting process. That way, if you write a nice part, but don't want to use it right now, you can still keep it intact, in case you change your mind later. Right now, I just keep shuffling it off to the end of the song or another spare track, which becomes a mess. I think you can export them, but that's too cumbersome. I would like to just drag them to a folder that I can set up for each tune, name them, and be able to audition them. Has this feature been added? It would be so great!

Anywhere we can "vote" for new features. I would love to have the "bin" for midi regions. Thanks!

I agree it would be very nice, especially with the possibility of previewing MIDI files with different GM instruments (piano, drums, and maybe a couple others).

You can make suggestions in our new suggestions forum and/or directly to Apple at https://www.apple.com/feedback/logic-pro.html .

You could always make (Green) AppleLoops out of them?

A nice workaround, but still a workaround, with several issues:

1) Apple Loops are audio files, and therefore take much more space on your HD than a MIDI file.

2) Previewing an Apple Loop means listening to an audio file. Tempo and Key signature discrepancies can create artifacts, and you're limited to previewing whatever instrument was bounced in the audio file when you created the Apple Loop.

3) The Loop Browser doesn't offer a hierarchical library-style navigation.