Flextime bug, related to key command

Rasmus Faber

Hi!

Has any of you encountered this? When I use the "new track with duplicate setting" key command, Flextime is set to off on all tracks where it was previously active. This is replicable, and happens both when the new track in question is an audio track or instrument track, and doesn't matter wether there are plugins on it or not. Its very annoying!

There isn't even any key command assigned to that function (turn flex off on all channels) and I have to manually flip it back on on every track.

Has anyone seen this, and better yet, found a solution? Can you see the same happening on your systems?

(I'm on the latest version on Logic X and it occurs both on Mavericks and Yosemite)

Thanks!

Rasmus

Oh, and I just realized, holding down the shift key while pressing the Flex button, activates and deactivates on all tracks! Didn't know that...

I guess that's related to your key command issue then, some sort of conflict when using Shift as part of that key command.... I use the default Command-D so I don't get the issue. Well at least now you know how to make it work! Thanks for sharing your findings. :D

You're welcome, and thank you!

Here's another weird one. Even though I set a new key command without shift (in this case, alt/ctrl/return instead of alt/shift/return), the old key command (alt/shift/return) doesn't disappear! (and keeps causing the issue when I use that one rather than the new one)

Trashing the preferences did fix the problem of the key command not going away.

It did not fix the issue with flex time being turned on or off by the alt+shift+return command. At least now that there is no key command with that combination of keys, nothing happens (I just get the big blink to tell me to behave lol)

holding down the shift key while pressing the Flex button, activates and deactivates on all tracks! Didn't know that...

Actually I tried it here and it does not activate or deactivates all tracks?? I don't see a difference between clicking and Shift-clicking the Flex button on a track header.

It did not fix the issue with flex time being turned on or off by the alt+shift+return command.

I can't reproduce this behavior here, even with alt+shift+return assigned to New Track with Duplicate Setting. Do you have any 3rd party key command/key shortcut/mouse driver software installed on your Mac? Any "utility" or "productivity" 3rd party app at all by any chance?