Logic 9 trouble - double midi events via DAW controller

boidilaq

Hi - i have a strange phenomenon according my DAW Controller and it would be great if somebody has a solution.

Every Time i press for example either the "click", "solo", "up", "down" ( some more buttons same effect) ,

the controller gets some kind of feedback to the button, so when i read the data with midi monitor, it´s like a repetition

of the data been send to the DAW controller.

The first thing i thought was, that the controller is broken, but when i tried the controller with ableton and protools,

it reacted fine.

Anybody any idea?

Would be great.

THNX

Hi,

You need to provide more info...for instance, what DAW controller are you referring to?

Click this link to your signature and add your system information:

• Logic version and sub-version (e.g. Logic 10.0.7)

• OS X version and sub-version (e.g. OS 10.9.3)

• Computer (e.g. MacBook, Mac Pro, iMac)

• Processor (e.g. 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo)

• Memory (e.g. 2GB)

• Audio interface manufacturer and model (e.g. Presonus AudioBox USB)

• MIDI Controller manufacturer and model (e.g. M-Audio Axiom Pro 49)

(most of that information can be found by choosing Logic Pro X > About Logic Pro X, and  > About This Mac)

Thank you.

J.

Thanx Jordi, i edited it. Greetz ø Tim

Hi,

You need to provide more info...for instance, what DAW controller are you referring to?

Click this link to your signature and add your system information:

• Logic version and sub-version (e.g. Logic 10.0.7)

• OS X version and sub-version (e.g. OS 10.9.3)

• Computer (e.g. MacBook, Mac Pro, iMac)

• Processor (e.g. 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo)

• Memory (e.g. 2GB)

• Audio interface manufacturer and model (e.g. Presonus AudioBox USB)

• MIDI Controller manufacturer and model (e.g. M-Audio Axiom Pro 49)

(most of that information can be found by choosing Logic Pro X > About Logic Pro X, and  > About This Mac)

Thank you.

J.

any tips which files are needed to be deleted for a clean reset?

To start from scratch your could either delete your control surface's icon (according to its setup guide you install it as if it where a Mackie Control) in the Control Surfaces Setup window, or by quitting Logic and deleting the control surfaces preference file (com.apple.logic.pro.cs) which is found in your user Library/Preferences folder.

To install it, follow the steps in its setup guide.

Every Time i press for example either the "click", "solo", "up", "down" ( some more buttons same effect) ,

the controller gets some kind of feedback to the button, so when i read the data with midi monitor, it´s like a repetition

of the data been send to the DAW controller.

That's sounds like the expected behavior for this kind of control surface. The communication should be bi-directional between the control surface and Logic.

J.

Thanx Jordi, thats what i have done first.

Sure, there is a bi-directional communication, but for example, when i push the button " click" for metronome, it jumps in and out , in and out, ... button is flashing ... maybe stays in. It really depends on the duration of pressing.

Other example, when i press the "up" arrow, normally it should jump one track up, but mostly it jumps 3,4 maybe 2 ... So there is no control.

Did you read my addon? In another old profile its working fine, so i thing there must be something corrupt or deleted.

ø Tim

Hi Atlas - same thought to me midi Loop or Midi Feedback. I tried all in the control surfaces window, adding deleting only one of my daw controllers, new cables, with or without hub ... I wonder, that it only affects Logic and no other Soft, so i think, there must be a file running in the background which is corrupt or must be refreshed.

same thought to me midi Loop or Midi Feedback.

If the problem ws a MIDI feedback loop, you would get A LOT of notes in MIDI monitor, not just a couple for each event.

Thanx J, but i think it´s a logic problem and not from the Controller

I wasn't implying it was necessarily the controller, but since it is a product for which you're entitled to receive support from the manufacturer, I wouldn't discard it.

However, going back to what you said before:

i switched to an old user on my system and the problem didn´t happen, so i think it must be a preferece file or so.

The only preference file that directly relates to Logic and control surfaces is the control surfaces preference file (com.apple-logic.pro.cs), which apparently you've already trashed.

Since you don't seem to have this problem in your other user account, then what seems to be left to troubleshoot is your current user account. What's different between this account and the old one? If creating a new account solves the problem, consider migrating to a new account and be done with it. Or, you could also try with a new set of user preferences for the account that's giving you the problem.

J.