Piano roll window jumps to another part of the project

alhpj

Has anyone else had this problem? I've looked on the forum but cannot find anything similar...

If I select the piano roll in the arrange window OR as a separate window, no matter whether I have one or more regions selected and no matter where the playhead is, the opened piano roll window will have opened somewhere else in the score- normally a good few hundred bars before where I am editing... So I then have to scroll through the score, in the piano roll, until I come to the place where I am trying to edit. It's a pain!

I have tried moving the play head to various places, but obviously would normally have it somewhere in the region I am working on and wanting to edit.

Even though this problem will occur when you select piano roll in the arrange window, I mostly highlight a region I want to edit and then short cut (cmd + 6) to open up a separate piano roll window.

Any ideas??

With thanks

Alex

Thanks so much Atlas007 - the on/off/on with the catch button definitely works, so that is at least better than having to scroll through the score!! Thanks!

I'll have a look at Catch preferences and see how it is set.

It must be a bug but so few people seem to be effected by it. I am glad that someone out there has experienced the same thing.

All best and thanks

Hi Jangus

Thanks for your reply and suggestions.

I am using both wireless keyboard and magic mouse but this piano roll problem jumps uniformly, within one project, always to the same place (300 bars earlier) so I don't think this particular issue is to do with over sensitive touch. Plus the 'quick fix' solution of turning the catch head on/off/on that seems to be the only fix I can find.

I did end up checking the Catch head preferences but they are set correctly, so this definitely seems to be a bug for some of us...?