Waves and iMac...I Don't Think They Are Playing Nicely?

C4L88

So I posted here a while back about my computer having huge freezing issues that required hard reboots

After running tons of hardware diagnostics, including the intense ones at the Apple store, repairing disk and disk permissions, resetting SMC, PRAM, very intense RAM tests it became pretty safe to assume it was some software that wasn't playing nice

I decided the only true way to solve this was to make the iMac new and start fresh. I completely erased the hard drive and reinstalled the OS

I've been slowly building it back up by adding one thing at a time, experimenting for a day or two, and if no problems I add/install the next piece

Big thing to point out here: My 2011 MacBook (Model ID 8,2) has no problems

Here is a list of things I had done up to this problem:

-First thing I did was attach my external hard drive for sample libraries and install East West's "Play" engine. No problems.

-Next was Komplete 9. When I ran all the updates the computer crashed again. I saw that my MacBook was running older versions of each component of Komplete 9. Native Instruments gives instructions on how to manually uninstall all Komplete 9 components so I did that and transferred the older versions from my MacBook. Now, no problems.

-Then I decided to add hardware. First one up was my Behringer UMC404 audio interface. No problems.

-Next was my Novation ZeRO SL MKii and the Automap software which has been known to not play nice at times. Installed and connected it, played with it for a few days. No problems.

-Next I connected my 2nd monitor. No problems.

NOW came the plug-ins

Last night I installed my Waves plug-ins; REDD, Vitamin, and S1 Imager

I installed them via the latest Waves version; V9r21

Crashed

Noticed that my MacBook had V9r18 installed. I tried that.

Crashed (damn it :evil: )

So by the process of elimination my Waves plug-ins are the culprit. They are currently uninstalled and I am testing now (I'll report back if there is another crash)

So I did a little research and saw that at least the REDD plug-in caused graphic issues in computers with NVIDIA graphics cards which is what my iMac has. My MacBook on the other hand is an AMD Radeon.

Now that posts had 2 things that stuck out:

1) The were relatively old; 2013 (that's old now? :mrgreen: ). All were previous versions of Waves

2) The posters said it caused Logic to crash, but my whole computer freezes

Other issue on my side: none of the plug-ins are even up or on a channel strip when my computer locks up

As I said, I've completely uninstalled all Waves stuff on my computer and now pushing Logic again, so if there is another crash, it is something else...and then I will be at a loss as to what the hell is going on if it happens again :cry:

So...has anyone else had at least somewhat similar problems with Waves plug-ins?