Logic pro X with Yosemite Lagging

djbfxtrader

Hi Guys,

I'm new to the forum and I ran a search beforehand and couldn't find anybody having similar issues so decided to post to see if anyone can help.

So I decided to go for Yosemite update after reading up a lot online, logic users seemed to be getting along OK with it so I took the plunge. Ever since I made the upgrade Logic X has been Sooooo Laggy. Even when scrolling locators and through the project its ridiculously slow, however it doesn't seem to be spiking the CPU meter at all.

Is anybody else having this similar issue? I'm hoping it is just an issue with Yosemite which will be fixed on the next update.

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

I've got exactly the same problem. Actually it was running fine all through the Yosemite beta on my test setup. I upgraded to Yosemite and now Logic is horribly laggy. Also, playing a track in Logic causes the kernel_task to eat *huge* amounts of memory (maxing out my 8 gig system, when it was putting barely any pressure on the system at all before).

I stuck in another 16gig of ram, bringing up to 24gig. This has reduced the lag a bit but kernel_task is reported as consuming 13gig of ram (on top of logic's 6gig). Sometimes kernel_task doesn't take any memory and Logic hogs 16-20gig.

Logic is also maxing out 1 core even when it's doing nothing. This goes on for some time (minutes) and then often settles down, at which point it becomes sort of usable.

I've tried freezing *every* track and that helps somewhat as well, but we are talking about pretty lightweight (<16 track) projects.

Disabling plugins doesn't fix it.

Empty tracks seem to be ok.

I did a complete reinstall of Yosemite on a clean format and the problem is still there. Weird.

Yosemite is out. Consensus with Logic X?

I’ve been researching using system stats from the above forum to try to find common factors between macs updating to Yosemite that have issues. It’s early to see any real results yet and I’ve been very busy lately, so got a bit sidetracked. Graphics cards (as always) seem to play a major role in Updates/Issues. So yes, as JakobP says please add your System Specs to your profile, it would be really helpful if you add the Graphics card/chip too!

Please Click this link to your signature and add your system information:

• 3 weeks later...
Im having the EXACT same issue. Ever since updating to Yosemite I've been having these dreadful laggy issues. The meters don't respond. Scrolling is slow. The counter up top goes so slow I can read the milli seconds no problem and its fixed soon as I click on another track and even then it starts all over again when I stop and start. They really need to fix this issue in 10.0.8 and I'm low key upset with Apple. How do you release Yosemite but not update your OWN software ??? Not cool.